By Carl
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07:13 pm I give the same speech every season, so might as well start now.

One of our previous victors, @Courtney back in season 3 of Stranded coined the phrase "Scooby Doo Reveal." That's because there is always a player who does very little all season and assumes they can make this big reveal at the Final Tribal Council. Much in the same way a ghost's mask is ripped off and revealed to be a criminal the entire time.

Jack, are there any Scooby-Doo Reveals in the works on this tribe?
Courtney liked this

Carl

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Jeff Probst
Custom Custom Custom Posts
In the same vein as the Scooby-Doo Reveal, usually we have goat herders. People looking to sit at the end next to two easy boots. The problem with that strategy is there can only be 1 person sitting there, and everyone else is just a juror.

Dean, do you think players are assuming they will be sitting in the end with 2 goats, and does that take up spots other players could be in?

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts
By John
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08:39 pm In the same vein as the Scooby-Doo Reveal, usually we have goat herders. People looking to sit at the end next to two easy boots. The problem with that strategy is there can only be 1 person sitting there, and everyone else is just a juror.

Dean, do you think players are assuming they will be sitting in the end with 2 goats, and does that take up spots other players could be in?
What kind of ridiculous question is this? :rofl: Are you trying to get everybody to bring Dan to the end?
Missy liked this

John

• Alumni
By Jeff Probst
Posts Custom Custom Custom
John wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11:20 pm
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08:39 pm In the same vein as the Scooby-Doo Reveal, usually we have goat herders. People looking to sit at the end next to two easy boots. The problem with that strategy is there can only be 1 person sitting there, and everyone else is just a juror.

What kind of ridiculous question is this? :rofl: Are you trying to get everybody to bring Dan to the end?
Do you think Dan is a threat to win?

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Custom
By John
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:12:25 pm

Oh, my bad. I misread that.

No, I do not.
Missy liked this

John

• Alumni
By Kara
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:11:19 pm Kara, were you in the majority of voters last Tribal Council?
I think we all know that I was not in the legitimate majority. But I'm not too mad because my vote mattered last tribal which the others cannot say.

Everyone kind of knew where I stood at that vote and I made that pretty clear during and after tribal.
Alison, Angelina, Jack liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By Dan
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:09:48 pm So quiet tonight. Dan, are people being quiet because a blindside is afoot?
Anything is possible in this game, Jeff. But this is certainly a different atmosphere tonight. No scrambling and things like that definitely suggest that most, if not everyone, has walked in knowing what they were going to do tonight.
Courtney liked this

Dan

• Alumni
By Angelina
Nick wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13:47 pm
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:13:17 pm I mean, everyone's being real quiet so might as well start my basic strategy questions.
Strategy 101 with Professor Jeff Probst
Can we not use acronyms cause I don't have the slightest clue what that paragraph about agriculture was up there.

Angelina

• Alumni
By Dean

If you take 2 goats to the end, obviously that closes up 2 spaces for people. If someone wants to goat herd, then they need to cull the herd a little bit to make room. I think I'm much more an ass than a goat.

Even then, I don't think we have much goats anymore on our cast, at least obvious ones like Karishma (girl I love you but you tardy)

Dean

• Alumni
By Jack
Carl wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08:33 pm
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:07:13 pm I give the same speech every season, so might as well start now.

One of our previous victors, @Courtney back in season 3 of Stranded coined the phrase "Scooby Doo Reveal." That's because there is always a player who does very little all season and assumes they can make this big reveal at the Final Tribal Council. Much in the same way a ghost's mask is ripped off and revealed to be a criminal the entire time.

Dang, Carl is quick to the gif game! I respect that. I'm so slow with these replies. Aaron takes the technology heat but I'm over here snailing...

I think being able to articulate your strategy at the end of can be powerful but hard to do. The jury has their perception but hearing a player's reason as to why they did what they did can be enlightening or maybe help fill in some blanks. But honestly Scooby and the dang kids catch these half-rate ghosts every time so who knows!?!
Carl, Aaron, Courtney liked this

Jack

• Alumni
By Kara
Jack wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:15:49 pm
Carl wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:08:33 pm

Dang, Carl is quick to the gif game! I respect that. I'm so slow with these replies. Aaron takes the technology heat but I'm over here snailing...

I think being able to articulate your strategy at the end of can be powerful but hard to do. The jury has their perception but hearing a player's reason as to why they did what they did can be enlightening or maybe help fill in some blanks. But honestly Scooby and the dang kids catch these half-rate ghosts every time so who knows!?!
hi
Angelina, Jack liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By John
John wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:12:49 pm
Jeff Probst wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:12:25 pm

Oh, my bad. I misread that.

No, I do not.
I probably should clarify this for everybody, but I told Dan this to his face. We were close friends before the swap happened, or so I thought. Since the merge has started, he has targeted Missy (his ally who saved him from certain death) and Angelina (his other ally who worked with him before the merge). He also didn't seem to care that everyone except Carl told me to vote for him yesterday. I guess he is cool with being idol'ed out.
Missy, Kara, Angelina and 2 others liked this

John

• Alumni