By Lauren
Carl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:40:55 pm I honestly don't know haha. I wanted to break up that group first and then go from there. I was even willing to never ax you and work with you going forward if that ended up being best for my game. But my main goal at the time was just to break that up and then go from there.
Remember I told you we should work with them lol? Maybe we should’ve listened at least temporarily.

Lauren

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17:59 pm
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:32:07 pm Also, Dean, need to clarify that all of this is revisionist history based on knowing that Tommy and Nick were flipping. At the time I don’t think you could have known that if you didn’t believe me and Kara both yelling it to try to save ourselves.

Also not sure if you could’ve done more to make Nick more comfortable, but Tommy got treated pretty poorly after I played my idol.
Tommy mentioned you to go to me several times, and even wanted you out the night I left. I didn’t put up much of a fight when it came to Alison which obviously I regret. I could’ve easily steered the target if I was motivated enough. The thing is, nobody wanted to work with Dan - in fact Tommy was whispering to me the night Chelsea left to flip the votes and get Dan out but I don’t think Carl would’ve gone for it.

Nick is actually playing a better game that I thought. He’s flipping on people at the right moments and doing it in a way without fear of retribution. I mean, he voted for me knowing I would stay but to fool you guys into thinking he was with you - it worked for him, considering I was never ever going to let him get away with voting me the way he did, but I think most people knew that I was always going to be a target over them. Nobody was surprised when I got idol’d out. I expected it even before you played it. It was probably a good move for you guys, I dunno, but I was not going to stick around with that voting bloc under any circumstances.
Lot changed after you left, especially since Tommy saved me the very next night.

It was definitely a good move for me personally for you to leave since every piece of information I told you during the merge weekend was told to whomever I was talking about (a few of which came immediately back to me like Missy and Jack saying you were throwing my name around). I tried to build trust with you, and it was doing more harm for me than good.

John

• Alumni
By John
Dean wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:27:32 pmI believe it was the time period of post-Lauren pre-Carl where we didn't talk to Tommy, since we decided he may not be able to be trusted with delicate game info since he told you about our Alison plan. For me it only was game. This whole game is just a game to me. So it confuses me when you say Tommy got treated poorly after the Lauren vote, because all I did was just talk to Tommy a bit less. I know Aaron was very vocal to me about his hatred for what Tommy did (I think he told me he didn't even want to speak with him after the game and he was worse than Nick), so unless Aaron or others went hard on him, I don't understand your last point.
Your first sentence is what I was referring to regarding Tommy. Leaving him completely out of the vote kind of forced his hand into joining us. He told me he was planning on it before, but he also told me a lot of things that weren’t true so I didn’t know if it was guaranteed. The line was drawn in the sand against him, and he acted on it.

And yeah, I’m fine bringing this to another thread.

John

• Alumni
By Lauren
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:50:28 pm
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:32:07 pm Also, Dean, need to clarify that all of this is revisionist history based on knowing that Tommy and Nick were flipping. At the time I don’t think you could have known that if you didn’t believe me and Kara both yelling it to try to save ourselves.

Also not sure if you could’ve done more to make Nick more comfortable, but Tommy got treated pretty poorly after I played my idol.
Tommy mentioned you to go to me several times, and even wanted you out the night I left. I didn’t put up much of a fight when it came to Alison which obviously I regret. I could’ve easily steered the target if I was motivated enough. The thing is, nobody wanted to work with Dan - in fact Tommy was whispering to me the night Chelsea left to flip the votes and get Dan out but I don’t think Carl would’ve gone for it.

Nick is actually playing a better game that I thought. He’s flipping on people at the right moments and doing it in a way without fear of retribution. I mean, he voted for me knowing I would stay but to fool you guys into thinking he was with you - it worked for him, considering I was never ever going to let him get away with voting me the way he did, but I think most people knew that I was always going to be a target over them. Nobody was surprised when I got idol’d out. I expected it even before you played it. It was probably a good move for you guys, I dunno, but I was not going to stick around with that voting bloc under any circumstances.
Lot changed after you left, especially since Tommy saved me the very next night.

It was definitely a good move for me personally for you to leave since every piece of information I told you during the merge weekend was told to whomever I was talking about (a few of which came immediately back to me like Missy and Jack saying you were throwing my name around). I tried to build trust with you, and it was doing more harm for me than good.
I don’t recall ever telling Jack I wanted you to leave. If I did, it wasn’t completely legit or I would’ve tried harder to make it happen. I did tell Missy you wanted her out (whether it was true or not) but that came from Carl and Missy and I were ‘pseudo’ aligned at the time. I think all of your names between you, Kara, Angelina and Alison were thrown around at some point. But again, Carl told me that you threw out Missy’s name. I wasn’t even trying to get you in trouble I just wanted Missy to freak out and she did and sunk herself. As far as Jack telling you I wanted you out -

I dunno what game he was playing but he told me that you guys are tight and impenetrable. I thought he was being wishy washy but it appears he was never open to working with you guys. I think your problem for me is that you weren’t flexible enough. Angelina was very flexible - if she wasn’t kicked out I think her plan was Nick and then you, but I might be wrong.

The trust wasn’t there because you guys did try to vote for me with the Missy vote and I was just the obvious scapegoat for everyone. Anyway, this is all material, the game is going almost how I predicted.

Lauren

• Alumni
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:33:59 pm Also, I never threw your name out to go to missy either. Only thing I told her was that according to Carl, you brought up missy game to go.
That is bringing my name up. :rofl:

John

• Alumni
By Lauren
Also, the fact that Jessica flat out said she wasn’t comfortable being on a tribe with Nick and Carl says it all. She 100% deserved that boot and she was completely arrogant her entire time on Nyori.

Lauren

• Alumni
By Lauren
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:42:47 pm
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:33:59 pm Also, I never threw your name out to go to missy either. Only thing I told her was that according to Carl, you brought up missy game to go.
I thought you meant as a target. But like I said, Missy and I used to have a F2 - anyway, she didn’t even like you, she was obsessed with those girls though. For why, I have no idea.

Lauren

• Alumni
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:31:19 pm

I don’t recall ever telling Jack I wanted you to leave. If I did, it wasn’t completely legit or I would’ve tried harder to make it happen. I did tell Missy you wanted her out (whether it was true or not) but that came from Carl and Missy and I were ‘pseudo’ aligned at the time. I think all of your names between you, Kara, Angelina and Alison were thrown around at some point. But again, Carl told me that you threw out Missy’s name. I wasn’t even trying to get you in trouble I just wanted Missy to freak out and she did and sunk herself. As far as Jack telling you I wanted you out -

I dunno what game he was playing but he told me that you guys are tight and impenetrable. I thought he was being wishy washy but it appears he was never open to working with you guys. I think your problem for me is that you weren’t flexible enough. Angelina was very flexible - if she wasn’t kicked out I think her plan was Nick and then you, but I might be wrong.

The trust wasn’t there because you guys did try to vote for me with the Missy vote and I was just the obvious scapegoat for everyone. Anyway, this is all material, the game is going almost how I predicted.
All this happened over the weekend before I voted for you. Jack told me you told him I was targeting Carl which wasn’t true. Missy told me you told her I was targeting her.

John

• Alumni
By Lauren
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:44:46 pm
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:31:19 pm

All this happened over the weekend before I voted for you. Jack told me you told him I was targeting Carl which wasn’t true. Missy told me you told her I was targeting her.
Nope, never told Jack that, I would’ve remembered that. I did tell Missy that however - information came from Carl. Unless Carl made it up?

Lauren

• Alumni
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:44:29 pm
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:42:47 pm
I thought you meant as a target. But like I said, Missy and I used to have a F2 - anyway, she didn’t even like you, she was obsessed with those girls though. For why, I have no idea.
Bringing up someone’s name as targeting someone else is just as bad if not worse when you’re using it as information to make them look bad. :laugh:

I never targeted Carl or Missy the opening weekend. In fact, I wasn’t willing to vote for either of them.

I very clearly said to anyone that asked that I was wanting to hear them out, but it definitely made them both untrustworthy for turning on their original tribes.

John

• Alumni
By John
This conversation is why it was impossible to trust you. You took rumors and interpreted them as facts before spreading them without confronting the person who supposedly said it.

The first person I heard say Carl’s name at the final 13 was Carl, and the first person I heard say Missy’s name was Missy. It was weird and felt like they were targeting themselves as a self fulfilling prophecy.

John

• Alumni
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:43:12 pm Also, the fact that Jessica flat out said she wasn’t comfortable being on a tribe with Nick and Carl says it all. She 100% deserved that boot and she was completely arrogant her entire time on Nyori.
Missed this. I have no idea what happened after the swap since I wasn’t there, nor do I see how that is relevant to this conversation. I’m not going to bash Jessica either way.

I liked talking to you about non-game related topics. We’ll leave it at that.

John

• Alumni
By Lauren
John, Carl told me you mentioned Missy’s name to go. I had no reason NOT to believe him considering Carl told me there was an intent to get original Nyari back together. So, you expected me to go to you and say ‘Hey I heard you wanted Missy out,’ is that true? Anyway, people told me you wanted me out too but I still would’ve kept my options open. Anyway, you’re pretty arrogant I see - maybe if you weren’t so fixated on me (the feeling was not mutual) you wouldn’t got burned so bad by the likes of Nick and Kara.

Lauren

• Alumni
By Lauren
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:31:19 pm
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:43:12 pm Also, the fact that Jessica flat out said she wasn’t comfortable being on a tribe with Nick and Carl says it all. She 100% deserved that boot and she was completely arrogant her entire time on Nyori.
Missed this. I have no idea what happened after the swap since I wasn’t there, nor do I see how that is relevant to this conversation. I’m not going to bash Jessica either way.

I liked talking to you about non-game related topics. We’ll leave it at that.
I don’t want you to bash her - it’s my opinion, I said I didn’t like her and I don’t think Carl cared too much for her either. You and her are arrogant as all hell. That’s not the only thing you two had in common - being obsessed with me and trying to get me out is the other. At least you were successful in that (even if it took an idol).

Lauren

• Alumni
By Carl
I was the one who started the Missy thing haha. John and I had a conversation and like I said elsewhere, I knew at the very least people were mad about both my Jess and Ang votes. Once me and John had a conversation and the name Missy was said once there, I let it rock so I could save my idol and get someone who I didn't think was going to be a number for us since I assumed she was tight with Ang (didn't realize how right this was lmao) and through her, the rest of Poroto. I didn't expect Lauren to tell Missy about it though but it helped in the end for me so I let it go.

Also what's with all of the negativity while we are here in Ponderosa?? The game is over for us, let's just relax and have some fun.

Carl

• Alumni