By Carl
Also I liked Jess as a person but she needed to go for my game. Plain and simple. I didn't expect to be bashed so hard for a vote so early in the game.

Carl

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Lauren
Carl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:50:20 pm I was the one who started the Missy thing haha. John and I had a conversation and like I said elsewhere, I knew at the very least people were mad about both my Jess and Ang votes. Once me and John had a conversation and the name Missy was said once there, I let it rock so I could save my idol and get someone who I didn't think was going to be a number for us since I assumed she was tight with Ang (didn't realize how right this was lmao) and through her, the rest of Poroto. I didn't expect Lauren to tell Missy about it though but it helped in the end for me so I let it go.

Also what's with all of the negativity while we are here in Ponderosa?? The game is over for us, let's just relax and have some fun.
So John did bring her up in some capacity? I told her but I didn’t expect her to spin out like she did. It ended up working because our voting bloc really galvanized to get her out after her freak out.

Lauren

• Alumni
By Carl
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:54:48 pm
Carl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:50:20 pm I was the one who started the Missy thing haha. John and I had a conversation and like I said elsewhere, I knew at the very least people were mad about both my Jess and Ang votes. Once me and John had a conversation and the name Missy was said once there, I let it rock so I could save my idol and get someone who I didn't think was going to be a number for us since I assumed she was tight with Ang (didn't realize how right this was lmao) and through her, the rest of Poroto. I didn't expect Lauren to tell Missy about it though but it helped in the end for me so I let it go.

Also what's with all of the negativity while we are here in Ponderosa?? The game is over for us, let's just relax and have some fun.
So John did bring her up in some capacity? I told her but I didn’t expect her to spin out like she did. It ended up working because our voting bloc really galvanized to get her out after her freak out.
Yes? I don't remember the exact convo but I know we said her name which is why I started bringing her name up more. And once you told her about it and encouraged me to talk to her, I said it to her and went from there

Carl

• Alumni
By Dean
Carl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:51:06 pm Also I liked Jess as a person but she needed to go for my game. Plain and simple. I didn't expect to be bashed so hard for a vote so early in the game.

If I'm being honest, on New Nyiri I got along with Jessica much better than you or Nick before we voted her out. She just seemed more friendly and I felt like if we were on the same starting tribe, we may have gotten on really close. Plus I didn't know you too well at the time Carl, and Nick was, again, not online much.

But I'm here to play a game first and foremost; friends can be made after the game. As long as I was still playing, my own survival and advancement is number one compared to everything else.

But omg tbh I loved it when Jessica gave me a "Fuck you" after she left. She can have at me more when we're able to talk to pre-merge people hahaha :heart:

From my perspective Carl, it seems that the more talks you received about the Jessica vote just means that we made the right choice even more. I mean, I was very close with Elizabeth, but I didn't constantly harass Missy or Angelina about the vote to get her out. I said like the first night of the merge "it fucking sucks she's gone but this is a game" and moved on like a big boy.

Dean

• Alumni
By Lauren
Dean wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:22:46 pm
Carl wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:51:06 pm Also I liked Jess as a person but she needed to go for my game. Plain and simple. I didn't expect to be bashed so hard for a vote so early in the game.

If I'm being honest, on New Nyiri I got along with Jessica much better than you or Nick before we voted her out. She just seemed more friendly and I felt like if we were on the same starting tribe, we may have gotten on really close. Plus I didn't know you too well at the time Carl, and Nick was, again, not online much.

But I'm here to play a game first and foremost; friends can be made after the game. As long as I was still playing, my own survival and advancement is number one compared to everything else.

But omg tbh I loved it when Jessica gave me a "Fuck you" after she left. She can have at me more when we're able to talk to pre-merge people hahaha :heart:

From my perspective Carl, it seems that the more talks you received about the Jessica vote just means that we made the right choice even more. I mean, I was very close with Elizabeth, but I didn't constantly harass Missy or Angelina about the vote to get her out. I said like the first night of the merge "it fucking sucks she's gone but this is a game" and moved on like a big boy.
LOL, you and I were shocked when Elizabeth left but you and I both said let’s move on. The fact that they kept holding that over Carl’s head was so annoying - I would’ve even worked with Missy again even after that betrayal.

I even told Carl and I thought he was being naive when he said we can’t work with Piroto. After meeting them, everybody besides Angelina, he was correct.

Lauren

• Alumni
By John
I COMPLETELY disagree that people got over Missy voting for Elizabeth more than Carl voting for Jessica. Tommy wanted her head on a platter, and she left early because of it. Carl got a pass in comparison.
Tommy liked this

John

• Alumni
By Lauren
John is so arrogant. Missy did not leave because she voted out Elizabeth. It was more to it than that - I swear you think you knew everything that was going on in this game. And John in particular was incredibly butt hurt about Carl voting out Jessica.

Lauren

• Alumni
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:42:39 pm John is so arrogant. Missy did not leave because she voted out Elizabeth. It was more to it than that - I swear you think you knew everything that was going on in this game. And John in particular was incredibly butt hurt about Carl voting out Jessica.
You don’t think Missy voting out Elizabeth made people dislike her? :laugh: Would love to hear Tommy, Chelsea, and Elizabeth’s side of the story here.

John

• Alumni
By Lauren
Missy also sold Tommy fake idol clues when they were supposed to be finding it together. He found out, and she barely beat him to the idol. Her behavior on Mihombo her last couple days weren’t the best either. I would’ve wanted her out even if she didn’t vote Elizabeth.

Lauren

• Alumni
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:47:44 pm Missy also sold Tommy fake idol clues when they were supposed to be finding it together. He found out, and she barely beat him to the idol. Her behavior on Mihombo her last couple days weren’t the best either. I would’ve wanted her out even if she didn’t vote Elizabeth.
I don’t think there’s a chance in hell that Missy goes that early if the Green Goblins had a clear majority at the merge. If you would’ve thrown away your games to get rid of her, then that’s another story, but I respect all of you too much as players to think that’s true.

John

• Alumni
By Dean
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:36:26 pm I COMPLETELY disagree that people got over Missy voting for Elizabeth more than Carl voting for Jessica. Tommy wanted her head on a platter, and she left early because of it. Carl got a pass in comparison.
Tommy and Chelsea would be the only candidates here, because they were got the brunt of that blindside and she compromised everything for them. Then after Chelsea left as the merge boot, I could see Tommy making Missy his mission sure. But you can't say "people" weren't over her. Carl told me so much about the flack he kept on getting from y'all about Jessica, which seemed often enough, but I haven't heard anyone who kept saying they were upset at the Elizabeth vote days after the merge still. Besides Tommy now, but that's only one person. And his personal vendetta was not a main factor for why our alliance decided on voting out Missy. The Missy vote was nuanced and complex. She was too dangerous, too unstable, and had way too much of a loose mouth on her and had no problem spilling secrets to people and going about making lies freely (and I say this as a liar myself!) and a lot of the reasons for wanting her to go can be found to have an origin going back to the OG Miombo. There were a few other things as well, like how Missy and Angelina were tight as hell, and Angelina was close with you lot. So naturally, we could conclude Missy would have not been a vote with us ever.

Missy just simply couldn't be trusted. That's it. For Tommy it may have been a bit more.

Dean

• Alumni
By Lauren
Bingo about Missy. She even threw out John’s name when I told her about him allegedly wanting to vote her out. She probably talked to Angelina and Angelina got her back in line. I have no idea though. Angelina kinda tipped me off both nights about me getting votes at the merge and said she wasn’t okay with it. Don’t know if she was being honest or not though.

Lauren

• Alumni
By John
Jack and Tommy bash trashed Missy constantly to me because she turned on Elizabeth. If they were the only two that felt that way, then I could be mistaken, but Carl wasn’t even voted for until Nick and Tommy pushes for him and said they were flipping. He wasn’t targeted because he voted for Jessica on its own either. I trusted him less because of it, but it was being of a series of events (like telling me to vote Chelsea, telling people about an idol that had expired while leaving out that key detail, lying about the vote count on the swapped tribe, lying about voting for Angelina at the final 12). There were a lot of things that happened which compounded to put a dent in Carl’s stock.

John

• Alumni
By John
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:18:16 pm Bingo about Missy. She even threw out John’s name when I told her about him allegedly wanting to vote her out. She probably talked to Angelina and Angelina got her back in line. I have no idea though. Angelina kinda tipped me off both nights about me getting votes at the merge and said she wasn’t okay with it. Don’t know if she was being honest or not though.
:rofl:

This was resolved almost immediately but of course someone wants to vote for a person they are told is voting for them. That’s why she confronted me about it and realized she no longer needed to protect you.

Missy voting for Lauren should be clear enough evidence, but I’ll go back to being arrogant on my perch as I’ll soon be told.

John

• Alumni
By Dean
I'm shocked you claim Jack said this, because he told me that even though he was close with Elizabeth, he had his feelings hurt when Elizabeth had that loud whisper about not wanting to be on the tribe with Karishma during the swap auction, and he felt left in the dust by her. So he never really brought up much positive things about her after that. Not negative either but just neutral if anything.

Dean

• Alumni
By John
Dean wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:25:25 pm I'm shocked you claim Jack said this, because he told me that even though he was close with Elizabeth, he had his feelings hurt when Elizabeth had that loud whisper about not wanting to be on the tribe with Karishma during the swap auction, and he felt left in the dust by her. So he never really brought up much positive things about her after that. Not negative either but just neutral if anything.
This also happened and why I felt like I could trust Jack.

John

• Alumni
By Lauren
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:25:17 pm
Lauren wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:18:16 pm Bingo about Missy. She even threw out John’s name when I told her about him allegedly wanting to vote her out. She probably talked to Angelina and Angelina got her back in line. I have no idea though. Angelina kinda tipped me off both nights about me getting votes at the merge and said she wasn’t okay with it. Don’t know if she was being honest or not though.
:rofl:

This was resolved almost immediately but of course someone wants to vote for a person they are told is voting for them. That’s why she confronted me about it and realized she no longer needed to protect you.

Missy voting for Lauren should be clear enough evidence, but I’ll go back to being arrogant on my perch as I’ll soon be told.
What?! Angelina was never protecting me. She was just trying to be cordial so the voting bloc wouldn’t vote for her especially if an idol was played. I told Missy I was voting for her and I told Alison the same even if it was a mistake. Angelina was the same way. What’s your point?!

Lauren

• Alumni
By Dean
John wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:26:21 pm
Dean wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:25:25 pm I'm shocked you claim Jack said this, because he told me that even though he was close with Elizabeth, he had his feelings hurt when Elizabeth had that loud whisper about not wanting to be on the tribe with Karishma during the swap auction, and he felt left in the dust by her. So he never really brought up much positive things about her after that. Not negative either but just neutral if anything.
This also happened and why I felt like I could trust Jack.
Wouldn't it appear to be contradictory though? For him to dislike Elizabeth for this, but then try to show sorrow in the Elizabeth vote? Well, I suppose you didn't describe it like that now that I reread it.

I guess I'm just shocked with Jack by myself since he never expressed how sad it was to lose Elizabeth and blamed Missy to me. Interesting development.

Dean

• Alumni