-- 11th Place - Voted Out 6-5 --
By Danni Boatwright
Welcome to your confessional Carl!

This may be the most important place in the game. It's where you will vote and more importantly, talk to us! Feel free to divulge your darkest secrets, current strategies, alliances, and hell... just pure hatred for other players. You are the only player that can view this forum. Outside of Alumni and Hosts, it is completely private. We love getting the dirt and there are plenty of us here to ask you questions. As you can see, this thread is labelled "Episode 00". Each round (meaning challenge + council) we will start a new thread with the title of each episode. After every Tribal Council, a host will start a new thread asking you more questions. Again, this is your forum and you can feel free to start whatever topics or make whatever posts you like. We will be here to help you out, make you think, get you to talk and really just lend an ear.

We take confessionals seriously because we're genuinely interested in your story. We want to know everything you're thinking and more importantly, what you're feeling. Think of it as free therapy. We will be guiding you along the way and asking you questions, provoking thought and helping you think about things you otherwise might not have. We find that just talking through your situation can help you get a fresh perspective on things.

Beyond that, it's just fun. What's more fun is having a record of what you were thinking at different stages of the game, and being able to look back on that is priceless so take advantage of it!

Here is a practice mini-challenge for you to work on. It is a challenge that might appear once or twice throughout the season in a different form. While it will be easier to do in the actual challenge using a puzzle-builder, this will help you practice reposting images. Image posting is something that will pop up in multiple challenges and is a skill that you should perfect. Please refer to the guide in the Camp forum for detailed instruction on how to post images.

This particular challenge is a 4x4 16-piece puzzle. You must correctly unscramble the puzzle using the ORIGINAL image links. Meaning, you can't simply rearrange them in a photo editing program. You must use the original images by using the IMG tag. (more information on this in the camp how-to threads.

Good luck, please ask us for any help or further instructions :)

You will need to reply to this thread ahead of the season and sign the rules in order to avoid being replaced.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Carl
Woooo! I'm so excited to get this going. I'm going to play the game more than anyone this season, I can feel it lmao

So, is this the only area where I can post and no other player can see? I'm going to practice formatting/trying this puzzle and I don't want to look like a fool to start lmao

Carl

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Carl
Danni Boatwright wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:23:02 pm
Here is a practice mini-challenge for you to work on. It is a challenge that might appear once or twice throughout the season in a different form. While it will be easier to do in the actual challenge using a puzzle-builder, this will help you practice reposting images. Image posting is something that will pop up in multiple challenges and is a skill that you should perfect. Please refer to the guide in the Camp forum for detailed instruction on how to post images.

This particular challenge is a 4x4 16-piece puzzle. You must correctly unscramble the puzzle using the ORIGINAL image links. Meaning, you can't simply rearrange them in a photo editing program. You must use the original images by using the IMG tag. (more information on this in the camp how-to threads.

Good luck, please ask us for any help or further instructions :)

You will need to reply to this thread ahead of the season and sign the rules in order to avoid being replaced.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Carl

• Alumni
By Carl
Oops I forgot to include what i wanted to write lmao

that was actually so much fun! im so ready to stunt on everyone this season. im also rewatching david vs goliath funnily enough right now. i've never felt more attached to carl than on this rewatch haha
Reem Daly liked this

Carl

• Alumni
By Carl
Guys its gameday!! I've been looking at who has been making the most posts on the forum before the season to see who is going to be active/the biggest competition haha. I'm just ready to start talking to people and get this game actually going

lets goooooooo!!

Carl

• Alumni
By Carl
Gary Hogeboom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:39:06 pm
hmmm, what/who have you noticed?

well my tribe was pretty quick to post in the rules section for the most part but the more active ones from my tribe so far seem like Kara, Alison, and maybe Dan or John since they posted first

I'm going to keep an eye out for sure on amounts of posts for everyone since I won't be able to see private messages and what not lol

Just trying to gain any slight advantage I might be able to get here haha

Carl

• Alumni
By Shonee Fairfax
Hello, it's me! Shonee Fairfax! I have a few questions.

First, introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, what you do, and why you're here. Take this opportunity to really show your personality.

What is your strategy for winning here? How are you going to get to the end and convince the jury that you're the one who should win.

Does anyone stand out to you solely based on first impressions? (Answer after talking to people.)

Thank you so much, I'm going to use these answers for a secret project. :)

Shonee Fairfax

By Carl
Shonee Fairfax wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:22:56 pm Hello, it's me! Shonee Fairfax! I have a few questions.

First, introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, what you do, and why you're here. Take this opportunity to really show your personality.

What is your strategy for winning here? How are you going to get to the end and convince the jury that you're the one who should win.

Does anyone stand out to you solely based on first impressions? (Answer after talking to people.)

Thank you so much, I'm going to use these answers for a secret project. :)
Hey Shonee! Super excited to get things going

I'm a 27 year old writer born and raised in NYC and I'm here cause I absolutely love the game of survivor haha. I've been watching since episode 2 and I've always wanted to play this game so here I am.

Obviously I don't know anyone just yet but my strategy in this game is to constantly be talking. The more active I am, the more relationships I will build and go from there. I definitely want someone I can be solid with from Day 1 but my biggest strength is going to be my friendliness and flexibility. People always call me a teddy bear and I plan on using that to my advantage here by being everyone's friend lmao.

And I know hidden idols are hard to get but I'm not going to stop being on this forum until I solve the password and find that idol. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get that idol and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to win here.

Again, I'm going to keep talking to people once we start tonight so I will have more details on my gameplan, who I like, etc. but I'm going to remain flexible and friendly and win this game!

Carl

• Alumni
By Carl
I believe this is where I post my reward number? If so, I'm picking 4 coins!

Also, I really like my tribe but holy shit is there so much to talk about. This game is so fucking much and I love it. You'll get a super in depth post this evening for sure

Carl

• Alumni
By Carl
ok where to begin???

So like I said I had noticed some people during preseason based on when they posted/the amount of posts they made. With that in mind, it made me want to talk to people like Dan and Alison first. I felt good with both of them but then I knew immediately that I needed to just talk with everyone haha.

I felt good with all of the people who were active today and I feel good as a tribe. However, the people i feel strongest with are nick, Dan, and John.

Nick was my number one and exactly what I needed. I knew I wanted a strong day one alliance and when we bonded over both being from NY and going to SUNYs, it felt right to go with him. Something simple is all im looking for to get in and make sure its not me on the chopping block. He does seem like a more laid back college kid so I think I can keep him with me for a while and really build trust with him.

The number 2 on my list was Dan. Like I said, I messaged him first, literally the moment we were allowed to lmao, and we had some good exchanges. But the big trust builder actually came from him. We both noticed a certain group chat that was formed called Black Widow. Every survivor fan knows what that means and showing off an alliance this early is sketchy af.

Anyways, he said Kara had mentioned it to him and then immediately backed off of it. Idk if the alliance exists or if its even from our tribe but we are wary of it and are going to try and make sure to snuff that out asap. I like Dan and think we can work together to get that goal done but he also seems like someone who is gonna be good at this game like me. Idk if I can keep him to the end like I feel with Nick. Blindside might be needed at some point.

Finally, my number 3 was John. I had a normal conversation with him to start off but after helping him with figuring out group chats, we bonded and I felt solid with him too. And then he noticed the black widow chat too. I didn't come here wanting an all guy alliance but if thats what happens, so be it. We are noticing the girls getting together and that may be the route to go after getting rid of inactive people.

I still really like the others though! The group chat has been great so far and I do enjoy Kara, Jessica, Alison, Davie, and especially Angelina. I didnt expect much out of her since she didn't see the tutorials and took a while to get into it but she quickly and efficiently handled the reward challenge for us and seems very good. Im going to message her over the weekend to build that up as well as well as the others to get feelers.

Now the only thing I'm mad about is we were supposed to have 3 people put a 1 for the reward and someone didn't. Idk who messed up but hopefully they get their shit together so it doesn't actually hurt us later.

I do think the first tribals will get rid of our inactive people so it will be slightly relaxed for now but im already getting my eggs in order for when we need to really play. In the mean time, im going to work nonstop at hidden idol. And I will pay any amount tomorrow to get the first clue.

Sorry for this actual wall of text lmao, I am a writer, but this def helps record my thoughts as well. Ill be on tonight searching for anything for the idol and this weekend working my magic!
Reem Daly, Courtney, Garrett and 1 others liked this

Carl

• Alumni
By Carl
Haha meant to post this last night but got caught up and didnt get a chance to. Gonna make sure I always get at least one of these out to you guys every day before I go back to IMing everyone. Yesterday was all about the clue and I hate you guys for making it so fucking hard but thank you for doing that cause it made getting people to work with me so much easier

I started off the day talking to people a little bit here and there but the day really started around 830. It started with Dan who first spoke to me about what I had also thought would happen: that we would need the money of two people to be able to get the clue. He quickly told me he wanted to pool money with me, get the clue, and then alter it for the rest of tribe. I wasn't sure about the altering part but I went along cause I figured I would need him. I like Dan and I think he trusts me but i don't trust him. I think hes very aggressive, very villainy. I'll keep him close but I can already feel myself needing to blindside him at some point.

Then 9 pm rolled around and when I saw that it was only 5 tokens for the clue, it was a wrap. Of course I was going to buy it. Im going to use these coins for whatever advantage I can get always. But of course your clue makes no fucking sense so of course I'm still nowhere close to finding the password. Ugh.

Right after I bought the clue, Nick messaged me about it as well! He quickly brought up that he would pay me 3 tokens if I bought the clue for me and him. Bruh, I already have the clue and you want to give me 3 tokens for free? I took him up on it and he was a man of his word and paid up so I'm at 11 tokens now with the clue and I feel solid with Nick. I still think he is someone I can bring along for the long haul and I'm hoping we can figure this out together.

But the big one for me was working my relationship with Kara. I like Kara, shes a late night person like me, is very active, and seems very genuine so far. I know she is working this game too and after talking with her throughout the day, I brought up the idea of maybe forming the majority alliance to control this tribe/this game. And then when we started talking about the clue, I knew I wanted to solidify our trust. I gave her the clue for free since I figured she wouldn't figure out the clue and she would think I am a close ally. I do want to work with her and I think if I can get her, Nick, and maybe someone like John for the longhaul, we can control this game, even with a potential eventual tribe swab/merge.

I'm trying to remain genuine with the folks since we don't have to reveal true colors until a tribal council and I think I'm doing a solid job with making some strong early allies but its still very early. I'm going to use today to keep chatting with the folks. I'm glad we have a new Lyrsa and Christian even messaged me but those inactive people might need to go. I don't think I saw Davie yesterday and only a little of Alison? I want Jessica to be a bigger player cause shes sweet but I need something more.

I'll keep yall more posted on what's happening throughout the day but now its time to talk!

Oh yeah, I also built a fire for my friends and I yesterday and I felt like a true survivor lmao. I'd so be the fire builder for the tribe if this was real survivor
Garrett, Loveita Adams liked this

Carl

• Alumni