By Carl
Nate Gonzalez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:04:15 pm
So, simple questions for a simple round to get you into the weekend:

1. What happened?

2. Who did it?

3. Where does it put you?

4. How are you going to react?

5. Why are you going to win Stranded?

Quiet day in Tanzania yesterday. Not much to report on. I'll be brief in my update before the weekend

So as you can see from my last confessional, I knew yall would pull that merge before tribal thing. I told my alliance that this would happen and we decided the main thing we needed to do instead of targeting John was to find out what happened at the past tribals, figure out where the alliances were, and figure out who we could work with going forward. We figured Lauren would be an easy vote and we were comfortable with that if need be but we also wanted to see if we could get the votes for us. The thing I just didn't expect the live tribal or the public idol to come here. But you guys are sadists and hate us and made us do it.

First thing on my mind at the tribal was that my alliance needed to get that public idol. I knew that I wouldn't have enough for it and I didn't want my alliance to think that I was hoarding idols so I immediately went to pass all of my coins to Nick. He's my number one and him having that would have been clutch. I forwarded the message to Aaron and Dean and as you saw, it almost worked but Nick made the smart choice in going for tribal alliance. Except Lauren fucked it up again. This will be a recurring theme tonight.

First person I knew I would message would be Dan. We worked together before and I knew he would want to work with me going forward. I was glad he reached out to me first but once the whispers started going, it was fucking going and I had to type nonstop. Through Dan, I found out Missy flipped to save him and Angelina and I told him about my alliance with Dean, Aaron, and Nick and that we wanted to bring him along.

Then I also had John messaging me. He doesn't know that I am still targeting him so I played dumb with him and that I wanted to work with them going forward. Of course the first thing he asked was what happened with the Jessica elimination. Luckily, the boys and I planned for this and I told them I flipped to avoid the 3-3 tie. The Nyiri people seem to understand that situation and I hope it isn't held against, especially considering last nights vote.

I spent most of the whispering just trying to get a feel for what people wanted and two things became clear: Missy and Chelsea now hated each other and OG Nyiri wanted to take out an OG Miombo player. Now I wanted to keep people as happy as possible and when people started saying Chelsea, I was fine with that. But I was also ready to play this game. Therefore, my first target was someone for Poroto, namely Kara. Obviously, however, without Lauren's coins though, we lost tribal immunity and they won it so we had to look to Miombo instead.

So we looked around and my alliance wanted Angelina, which was fine with me if we could get the numbers. And get the numbers we did. We had me, Nick, Dean, Aaron, Lauren, Chelsea, and Tommy, enough for a tie and with the confusing live tribal, it would have worked. But Lauren is a fucking idiot and yelled out loud what she was doing so of course Missy played her idol for her. At least it flushed out the idol but fuck did we look like idiots during that vote, especially me and Nick. All because Lauren couldn't keep her mouth shut. She said it was cause she wanted to Ang to be a fake target but like bitch what????? You never said any other names??????? She's an idiot and I'm still fucking livid at that vote. But whatever, you move on.

So I first went to apologize to Angelina. I told her I did it cause Lauren has both the hidden and public immunity idols and that she is playing this game hard and pressured us into the vote. I need to take some of the stink off of me and Nick. Then I started talking with the WOB boys and Tommy. Tommy is seemingly pretty alone and that's perfect for me. An extra vote like that is perfect.

After that I just decided to go over the numbers and where I can take control back of this game. I decided to draft a long PM to my WOB boys and I planned to go with OG Nyiri, put the votes onto either Lauren, Dean, or Aaron and then use either Lauren's public idol or give one of the boys my fake idol, have them take out a player from Nyiri so my hands are clean and then we would have the numbers with us 5, Dan and Tommy. If that works, it will take just one round to get the game back in my control and I will be able to pick off who I want there.

So I'm playing up OG Nyiri now, although I am hearing that John doesn't trust me--probably because I voted out his girl Jessica but whatever. There may even be a chance I can get the numbers with WOB, Dan, Kara, and either Missy or Tommy. I'm gonna remain flexible as always and work my way back to the top to win this game.

The merge is just the start of this and I don't plan on losing any time soon
Gary Hogeboom liked this

Carl

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts