-- 7th Place - Voted Out 5-2 --
What a night! A close immunity challenge, some smack talk, and another player out the door who IS NOT YOU

1-Talk to us about the disadvantages in the challenge tonight. Who do you think went for them? Is this good or bad for you moving forward?

2-Seems like tempers got a bit heated after the immunity results. How do these interactions at challenge beach shape your view of the other tribe? How will this change your game in the future

3-Idol clues have now been offered up AGAIN! Have you been looking? do you know who has been buying the clues? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: John lol :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

As always, feel free to share more of your thoughts as they come up! We're looking forward to hearing from you ! @John

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By John
Jessica in my number 1 as of now. Chat we had tonight solidified it, and I would be absolutely stunned if she was lying to me. Not saying I don't like the rest of the tribe or anything, I just trust she wants to work with me and only me the most.

Lot of other stuff happened too despite winning the challenge. Will try to mention it.

Danni Boatwright wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:52:27 pm What a night! A close immunity challenge, some smack talk, and another player out the door who IS NOT YOU

1-Talk to us about the disadvantages in the challenge tonight. Who do you think went for them? Is this good or bad for you moving forward?

I have no idea honestly, could've been anymore. I'm of the opinion that It is incredibly dumb to do, even if you're safe. The longer that we keep Christian in the game, the more unity we can keep on our tribe before a potential swap. If we do swap at 18, then I guess it doesn't matter since only one more person will leave, but it's ridiculous to assume that happens. We could be on these tribes for weeks, and we need to keep our numbers. Had the other tribe been smarter, we lose this challenge and shit would hit the fan over here immediately after Christian left.

My first thought is Nick went for the coins. He has proven himself by selling the clue to me and going for the coins in the first challenge that he is trying his best to accumulate as many as possible. He also knows he is completely safe, so it'd be no immediate risk (clearly not thinking about the long term risk). I also do think he's playing this game hard. Although side note, Jessica did confirm that Nick sold me the correct clue (I also told her this after she told me that Alison shared the clue with her), so I do trust Nick wasn't lying to me. That said, he probably was selling the clue for two coins to other people, too.

If it wasn't Nick? It could honestly be anyone except Kara or Christian because they weren't here for it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was anyone. I personally would like to spend coins to pay for revealing who went for it and call them out. Wonder if that twist is coming soon although it would only really matter if it happened this week.

2-Seems like tempers got a bit heated after the immunity results. How do these interactions at challenge beach shape your view of the other tribe? How will this change your game in the future

Trash talking after the challenge is over makes no sense to me. :grin: They can use it as an intimidation factor before we start, but it made them seem like sore losers. That's the nice way of putting it. It was hilarious in a pathetic kind of way, and I won't be able to hold my tongue again. I want that rivalry to continue at the next challenge. Would not only spice the game up, but it would help us build on tribal unity for the next stage of the game....whenever that might be.

3-Idol clues have now been offered up AGAIN! Have you been looking? do you know who has been buying the clues? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: John lol :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Hope you didn't post the same "John lol" in everyone's thread.

I want everyone to blow their money on the idol clues. Nick already asked in the Carl/Nick/Dan group chat, and I said I would. No one followed up with it after the challenge though so no idea if I will need to pony up 2 coins. Definitely going to try to avoid it, but I will if I have to get any potential stench on me. 100% not paying full price for an unnecessary clue.

As always, feel free to share more of your thoughts as they come up! We're looking forward to hearing from you ! @John
Not sure if the @John worked for me. Is it supposed to give me a notification?

Dan was really hung ho about trying to make a move with a potential 5-5 tie to keep Christian (who wasn't even here tonight) and get rid of Alison. Him and Carl seem extremely worried about the Black Widow chat which they are under the impression is the four girls remaining on this tribe: Alison, Jessica, Kara, and Angelina. I don't know if that is true. It could very well be, but I also don't think the four girls trust each other as much as Dan and Carl seem to think. Jessica for instance told me she doesn't trust Kara tonight. It's also weird because Dan was not one of the people that Christian told me he was close to, so it seems odd that Dan would put his neck out on the line to save Christian without having Christian as a tight ally. Carl actually messaged me separately during this that Dan seemed like he was being aggressive. I want someone like Dan on my side rather than against me, but I think he wants to make moves before their necessary. And that's as an unbiased observer. When you add in the fact that Alison seems to trust me, it adds a bunch of folds to the mix. After Christian leaves, I fully expect Dan and Carl to use Nick and try to bring in someone (Carl mentioned Davie and Dan mentioned Kara) to try to get rid of Alison, so I am going to have to play this very carefully. I can't put my foot down directly to save her, but I can use my group chat with Nick, Kara, and Jessica to try to sway Nick one way which then could allow Nick to tell Carl and Dan to back off? I could also just play the idol on her, but I would have to weigh if it is worth it. Definitely some time before I even have to make that decision. Also, while this is going on, Davie, who I think is on his own is bringing up that he feels nervous about not having any alliances and asking who I vibe with. I am working with almost the entire tribe, so I have no idea which side I should try to push him to at this point, but I would like to work with him as well. Oh yeah and Angelina keeps killing it and leading us in these challenges. There's no way she will be targeted after Christian, nor do I even want her to go. I feel like I'm in a great position on this tribe, but it could easily blow up in my face if I don't play the next couple of votes well. First, I need to figure out what I should be trying to focus on before I start having to majorly burn bridges by playing too many sides.

I will try to read this in the morning to add anything I missed in this rambling, sure there's something. I also need to learn how to press the enter key and make paragraphs.

John

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By John
Quick update. Alison gave me the second clue

"power in this game is hidden like any other tool theres enough rope to hang yoursefl, if you are a fool. Five beds in the distance, but none where you can sleep, if you find footsteps, it may be dry, but youve sank too deep."

I trust her a lot more after that, especially after not asking for anything in return. She shared with Jessica as well. I feel like the three of us will be close going forward. I haven't told anyone about my idol yet, but it may come out at some point soon. Not sure, will have to think about it.

I had another pretty great conversation with Jessica where we explored our options. She thinks Carl, Dan, and Davie are all in an alliance and is worried about them/an all guy's alliance. She has also said she doesn't fully trust Nick and Kara, but her focus was on the other three guys. I think she knows she has them pegged, but I also don't think it's smart for anyone to have a hugely divided vote while Christian is still here, especially if we swap immediately after.

Separately, Davie and I have also talked more about working together. I like him a lot. I am definitely overextending myself, trying best to not promise too much to anyone just yet.

John

• Alumni
By John
Okay once again a lot has happened. It's really weird to me how with Instant Messages on the board like this, so much more seems to happen on a daily basis. Maybe I am overthinking on all accounts, but for as few people that have gone home, I feel extremely invested in the game. Definitely more so than I expected.

We lost the challenge; that was awful. Not too surprised we lost. I mean we were an uncoordinated, chaotic mess. I think we needed Angelina leading to tell everyone to shut up. But oh well, we probably were going to lose anyways if we kept missing the 90 second posting deadlines. Also, someone took a disadvantage again which gave the other tribe an early lead in the challenge. Even if someone didn't take the advantage, we probably still lose. That said, I'm really annoyed someone did it twice. I would be shocked if it wasn't the same person, but I guess it could be two different people. From a gameplay perspective, I guess it was somewhat intelligent? Disagree though because we could've gone into the weekend up 10-8 which is far more important than two coins to buy an idol that they will never find. I guess they don't know that, but it's still a poor decision from my perspective. That said, they will never get caught so good on them. I still think it was Nick, but it could be anyone. Also random thought, I really like Kara, too, but I have a feeling her #1 is Nick. Kind of a gut feeling since they're both clearly very good at this game, but I don't want to go after either just yet since I have good relationships with both. May be more paranoid than right though. Since Kara and I had some really good conversations throughout this week.

So after we lost the challenge, we see there's an event tomorrow. I am under the impression that this is a swap (probably three tribes of six with even 3-3 numbers on each tribe?), so I am planning for that. If it isn't? I'm more than happy to stay on this tribe because I am in a relatively good position. I think it would be crazy for a swap to happen from an entertainment perspective because this tribe is a ticking time bomb about to explode (and may already happen tomorrow?), but it would create much more interesting dynamics at an eventual merge. Anyways, because I am planning for a swap, I want tomorrow to be as smooth as possible with a unanimous vote, so no one is mad at each other. We can then all go into the next stage of the game working together despite some obvious mistrust between certain people.

As the challenge was starting, Alison/Jessica were talking about splitting the cost of the new idol clue between the three of us since it was 10 coins, and I told them to wait until we spoke to decide what we are doing. Because of the conversations I have had with both of them, I fully believe they want to work with me, and I figure that if there is a swap coming up after Thursday, I want them to save their coins (and my own) from being wasted on a wild goose chase. As a result, I made probably a massive mistake and told them about my idol to help build trust. I hope they can keep quiet. Will it eventually come up in conversation? Probably. But because the idol expires before the merge, I do not think this could be used against me. If I could hold onto the idol until the final 5 or 6 or whatever, I would not have told anyone this. Since I can't I decided to tell them and only them about it.

Also for some reason, Missy gave Jessica a coin. No idea why, but it was hilarious to me. Reminded me of JT giving Russell an idol in Heroes vs Villains without ever talking to him, although obviously not as boneheaded. Jessica immediately told everyone so while Missy tried to build a potential future relationship, it was immediately dismissed.

in the Nick/Carl/Dan group chat, the same idol conversations happened the last two days in a row with Nick bringing it up and eventually no one committing to discuss this further. I acted like I wanted to talk about it more, but it is clear that Nick is the most actively pushing for sharing the clues (which makes me think he took the disadvantage twice in a row, already bought the clue, and wants us to cover parts of the cost like he did with me on the first clue). This could be some massive conspiracy theory by me, but I said he sketched me out at the beginning by asking me for money. I sent it to him once, and I really don't want to do it again. If it comes up again in conversation, will try to keep brushing it off which doesn't seem to be difficult with Dan and Carl talking about other big ideas.

One of those ideas is that Dan really, really seems to want to vote for Alison. Which I am not going to let happen. Christian is the clear and obvious easy vote, yet Dan and by proxy Carl are somewhat set on voting for Alison. Oh, and in Kara/Jessica/Nick group chat, Kara suggests voting for Davie as an option, and no one really pushes back. So now, I have two different alliances pushing for different votes. All while Alison thinks she is a targeted, not because of anything from Dan, but because the other tribe keeps talking smack to her. So yeah, I do like Christian quite a bit. I will say that, and if people are willing to give him a chance, then that is fine with me. I cannot be the main driver for him staying, especially over Alison or Davie, both of which I have a much better working relationship with. I also believe that Carl will not want Davie to go, and Jessica will not want Alison to go. So right now, there are at least three potential voting options, possibly more will come up later. If they risk trying to splinter the tribe, we will go into a potential swap hating each other, and we will not stay unified in the next round. Now, is it guaranteed for us to stay unified even if we do have a unanimous vote for Christian? Of course not, but Christian has to know he is on the outs. He is clearly not dumb, and he said he spent lot of time looking for the idol because he knows he is in trouble. He is the person most likely to jump ship, although not really due to anything he did wrong (except missing challenges). That said, it doesn't make sense for my game to get rid of anyone else at this point. Now, that could all easily change tomorrow.....We'll see.

John

• Alumni
By John
Now Dan tells me he thinks he is getting votes tonight.....why is this not an easy round? Everyone is paranoid and freaking out about who took the disadvantage. Dan thinks it was Alison or Angelina and Jessica thinks it was Dan or Davie. Everybody needs to chill. If Christian stays tonight, it all started because he missed the second challenge, so we know he couldn’t have taken it.

John

• Alumni
By John
Kara is really pushing for Davie to leave and wants to blindside Carl and Dan. Ugh. That’s so dumb right before what we think is a swap.

No idea what to do.

John

• Alumni
By John
John wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:02:22 pm Kara is really pushing for Davie to leave and wants to blindside Carl and Dan. Ugh. That’s so dumb right before what we think is a swap.

No idea what to do.
To clarify I was saying the blindside part is dumb. Although I also don’t want Davie to leave, I at least understand why people want to keep Christian as a loyal ally. What I don’t understand is why anyone wants to actively burn bridges. Maybe the risk is worth it? For their game, probably. For mine? Don’t think so, but I may not have much of a choice.

John

• Alumni
By John
I am really not happy about what is about to happen. I told Davie that he is getting votes because I know he can't have an idol. Also, I do really like the guy and feel terrible. Wouldn't hurt to get his coins either (and I will use this as an excuse if I get called out for it), but the real reason is I feel bad for him.

No one told Davie at all (or Dan for that matter), so I don't think he even believes me. You can tell that if people are trying to blindside others this early, then it is going to be a bloodbath as it gets deeper into the game.

John

• Alumni