-- 7th Place - Voted Out 5-2 --
WHEW. Another tribal down and one step closer to that sweet sweet prize money!

1-How has the game changed while playing on smaller tribes? Are you comfortable in this tribe, or do you think you have something to worry about?

2-Now that we're a week in, there aren't many easy boots left. If you had the ultimate say, who would leave next from your tribe? How would that improve your game moving forward?

3-We're still early in the swap. Is there a clear divide between original miombo and nyiri players? or has your tribe started to mesh more?

Please keep us in the loop as you plot your way forward! If you don't, you're...

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Danni Boatwright wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:57:04 pm WHEW. Another tribal down and one step closer to that sweet sweet prize money!

1-How has the game changed while playing on smaller tribes? Are you comfortable in this tribe, or do you think you have something to worry about?

It's a lot less hectic and less social on our tribe than the last one. I assume this is partially because we had Karishma and Christian here who are some of the quieter people remaining in the game. Also, it's probably because we had 10 people on our last tribe and a lot of conflicting ideas/motives. Here, it seems more clearcut in terms of who is making the decisions. I still believe our last tribe was about to become a mess. In the short term, it was less entertaining moving us here (except on that 3-3 split tribe). Long-term, there will be a lot more connections at the merge which will keep the end game exciting.

2-Now that we're a week in, there aren't many easy boots left. If you had the ultimate say, who would leave next from your tribe? How would that improve your game moving forward?

I will probably vote for Christian next. Jack could turn into a much more valuable ally in my opinion, and there is not a shred of doubt that I will be voting for Christian if we have to vote tonight. I hope we don't lose another challenge, but I'm still annoyed about the 0 rock performance yesterday. Also, I get along with the other three much more than him. I think Alison and Kara both have better relationships with Christian than I do; however, I think we can convince them to vote for him.

Also, if I was Jack and I had an idol, I would be playing it next anyways as a precaution. Even if Alison and Kara push back (which again, do not expect for multiple reasons), I will still be casting my vote for Christian.

3-We're still early in the swap. Is there a clear divide between original miombo and nyiri players? or has your tribe started to mesh more?

Please keep us in the loop as you plot your way forward! If you don't, you're...

It's hard to say because Jack is on his own here. I am not treating this game as a clear divide, and I would have considered keeping Karishma if she was around more over the weekend. She wasn't, and she made it easy for us. The other tribes haven't voted yet, so I expect tribal lines to come into play at least a little bit. Still, you can't only talk to the people on your tribe or else you won't do well when it gets deeper into the game.

John

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
No idea why my font is so large. :laugh:

Also, @Jeff Probst asked me if I was doing a schtick, and I wanted to clarify that. The answer is in short, no. At least it isn't anything close to what I normally try to do. When I applied to play, I said I wanted to be really in character, and I was kind of warned to not do that because it would weird out some of the people that were brand new to playing these kind of games. I didn't really understand what that meant until night 1, then it immediately rang true. I felt little culture shocked because I didn't realize what to expect with the interpersonal dynamics of this series before playing. People were talking about personal stuff right from the get go such as where their from, etc, which isn't even allowed in most games I play because the player pool is so small and people get recycled. If you talk about that kind of stuff, people will realize who you are almost immediately, and it is no longer anonymous so it is no longer a fair fight for everyone involved. Because of this, and because games became much more stale to me over 10 years ago after playing a number of them, I always liked to invent a new character or play as someone else and imagine what they would do as a challenge in order to see if I could succeed while sticking to whatever limitation I had from a social or strategic perspective based on what I decided I would at the beginning of the game and as the character I was playing would evolve. The huge difference is that most games I play these days (which is not many, probably play 1 every year or every other year) are PM only based, so it's relatively easy for me to get into character and play a persona when you're only sending 1, 2, or 3 messages max a day to everyone else. I was not prepared whatsoever with how the instant messaging system works in this game, and I realized quickly that I could not even try to speak like John would in every message or act like I lived where he did, etc, without doing an impossible amount of research to prepare myself for any social situation. And honestly, that didn't seem to appealing to try to do. I dunno. I still use some lingo that I would never use in real life, but for the most part, playing myself in the conversations. I wanted to try to play up the wrestler character of John in public posts, and I may still try to do that as the game continues. But I'm not used to some things that have happened here. For example, when the host says "sign in", everyone waits around and completes the challenge after it is posted without saying they are here. Little things like that kind of take away some of what I was planning to do since I can't be the only person to sign in. Also, there's no shared board that we can all post in, another thing that I had planned to do. Need to clarify that I am not criticizing any of that not being available. This 100% feels more like a simulation of the real show, and I am enjoying it tremendously. People are bonding much more than I expected they would simply because of how quickly people can interact. I played instant message games on AIM when I was super young, but they weren't anonymous like this. I also don't remember people being as invested as they are here. Maybe because I was a teenager and too immature? No idea. It's most likely the casting and credit goes to the hosts for putting this all together.

Anyways, tldr, hope it is not disappointing that I am more or less playing as myself, but I am having a blast.

John

• Alumni
I was talking to Jack about how I wonder if it was a tie with rocks or if someone turned....He responded with, "There could have been an idol"

Buddy, you have no idea.

I don't know if I have ever been so surprised by another tribe's vote. In any game ever. Wow.

John

• Alumni