-- 7th Place - Voted Out 5-2 --

So, another day another confessional. I’m sure you are making whatever alumni selected you as their winner pick really happy (or sad) (or neither):

1. So, the last challenge. Very difficult. Some of you rose to the challenge, others of you crumbled. Did the last challenge change your views and perspectives of your tribemates?

2. Idol Hunting. They’re here. They’re there. They’re everywhere. With a potential of five idols in the game at this point, do you have any idea where they are? Any idea on where to procure them? How much have idols influenced your strategy so far?

3. Tribe Divisions. Some tribes stick together and some tribes fall apart. Every tribe now has a mismatch of members of both the original Miombo and Nyiri tribe. Do you think these bonds are going to matter long-term? How does this impact your strategy going forward? How do the bonds you are making your new tribe impact this?

4. Lastly – what do you think of your fellow tribemates. Drag ‘em, Roast ‘em, Read ‘em, Put ‘em in a Stew. Feel free to give your honest opinions on your current members on your tribe. Feel free to be as brutally honest as possible. Fan favourite is on the line.

Nate Gonzalez

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
Nate Gonzalez wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:23:44 pm With a potential of five idols in the game at this point, do you have any idea where they are?
Four* :sick:

Will answer these questions tomorrow. Still trying to figure out how Jessica was voted out. Yeah, it really, really sucks to waste my idol, but I'm not even mad about that....just confused more than anything else. Her leaving feels like a punch in the gut, and I hope she's doing okay. I wonder which of Nick/Carl turned on her.

Really appreciated the small treasure of coins she sent over (37!!!). Not sure how she got them all. She must have won the lottery over there? I'm now up to 61 after buying the second idol clue for 2 coins (7 - Kara sent me 3 and Alison sent me 2). Hopefully one of us three can find it.

I spent some time looking for the idol today to replace the one I sent to her. It was a complete waste of time (which is probably karma paying me back for how lucky I was to find the first one). Will try again tomorrow.

But yeah, we were on such a high after winning the challenge and coming in first. Then were immediately dropped back down to earth.

John

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
Nate Gonzalez wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:23:44 pm
So, another day another confessional. I’m sure you are making whatever alumni selected you as their winner pick really happy (or sad) (or neither):

1. So, the last challenge. Very difficult. Some of you rose to the challenge, others of you crumbled. Did the last challenge change your views and perspectives of your tribemates?

2. Idol Hunting. They’re here. They’re there. They’re everywhere. With a potential of five idols in the game at this point, do you have any idea where they are? Any idea on where to procure them? How much have idols influenced your strategy so far?

3. Tribe Divisions. Some tribes stick together and some tribes fall apart. Every tribe now has a mismatch of members of both the original Miombo and Nyiri tribe. Do you think these bonds are going to matter long-term? How does this impact your strategy going forward? How do the bonds you are making your new tribe impact this?

4. Lastly – what do you think of your fellow tribemates. Drag ‘em, Roast ‘em, Read ‘em, Put ‘em in a Stew. Feel free to give your honest opinions on your current members on your tribe. Feel free to be as brutally honest as possible. Fan favourite is on the line.

Last challenge was awesome. I was nervous and thought we blew it. Fortunately, everyone else somehow was worse than us. It kind of confirmed my thoughts after the first challenge that we're pretty competitive (we had the most people with 100% on the challenge), and being the fastest in the posting challenge kind of confirmed that we're not losing everything thanks to good luck from Karishma.

2. I have tried to find the idol here and have bought 3 clues. Alison already sent me 4 coins for this one, and I asked Kara to send me 3. No idea if it was already found (would assume it is), but it seems like I've wasted lot of time searching. While I am paranoid about who might have them, I feel pretty confident that Jack and Christian would vote for each other at least in the next time we have to vote. So if one were played, I think I'd be in an okay spot.

That said, I am still extremely sad about Jessica not playing the idol I sent her only to get voted out. If she thought it was going to be a 3-3 tie, I have to assume she would've played it. The only thing I can think of is that Nick and/or Carl turned on her and lied about it. If they did, I genuinely do not understand why they would keep her in the dark. If she were to idol someone from the other original tribe out, then they could have been in the power seats with an advantage 3-2 with old tribal lines , or even with 4-1 if they just wanted to get rid of Jessica. Instead, on paper they are in a 3-2 minority with much less influence. Maybe they cut deals and are in an okay spot? Maybe they found an idol? I don't know. They didn't have to vote to keep Jessica, I just don't understand why she is voted out which means she was blindsided. And I really do not understand why they would blindside her when Jessica playing an idol only benefits them. Really, really interested to find out what went down over there.

3. Long-term, original tribes are important for relationship building. That said, they are not the end all to winning this game, and I am sure I consider them to be far less important than others do. I mean I liked Jack more than Christian instantly. This isn't a freshman dorm in college, you don't have to be friends with the people on your floor. We're all allowed to branch out and really play this game.

4. Going to save this question for when I answer the new questions for tomorrow since they will be very similar to how I feel now.

John

• Alumni
Also :rofl: at the first hot tamale challenge. Solid idea, we were awful at the execution.

I thought for sure the Green tribe was going to tribal council after the replacement challenge was announced, but I figured Dan or Angelina would go for it. Dan is definitely toast after missing by 1 second and feel bad for him since he seemed like a strong player, despite being fairly aggressive early on. Thought he would be a huge threat down the road but still a cool dude to talk to. I also don't want Angelina to leave either, so it's really a tough situation. Game is only going to get worse from here.

I am happy Jack didn't think he needed it. Could have also been that Missy claimed immunity almost immediately though. I am leaning to trust him that he knows he is 100% safe over here for at least one more vote.

John

• Alumni