-- 7th Place - Voted Out 5-2 --
By John
I have a lot to catch up on in here. Will answer every question and run through every thought this weekend.

For now, I will leave you with my favorite conversation of the game.

Lauren:
ppl keep telling me tonight
that you guys are obsessed with me
or my antics
they aren't intentional btw
it's just how I am lol

John:
I can tell you with full confidence that I have never thought about you until today

John

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By John
Lauren needs to stop talking shit about Jessica to my face. She has absolutely no idea what was supposed to happened that night.

I won’t have access to a computer until tomorrow so long confessional will come then. All I know for now is this merge is going to be insane.

John

• Alumni
By John
Not sure if you can read conversations, but the one I just had with Carl was pretty interesting, revealing, and extremely uncomfortable.

Almost home and can explain more tonight, but either I’m about to get blown up or I calmed others down. Not sure but extremely paranoid.

John

• Alumni
By John
Have a lot of questions to run through quickly. Going to answer them tonight to catch up.

Episode 7
Danni Boatwright wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:45:17 pm Image

Never a dull moment in Tanzania, it seems :fire: You've survived 6 rounds and it's only going to get harder from here

1-Breakdown your alliances in the game. Are you in any? are you in too many? Which of them are real, and which are just to keep the idiots in line?
1. As far as groups, before the swap I was in alliances with Alison/Jessica, Kara/Jessica/Nick, and Carl/Dan/Nick. After the swap, I lost Jessica :sick: and haven't committed to any other promises although I really want to work with Alison/Kara/Jack as a group. I also considered myself friendly with everyone on an individual level which could create future alliances down the line. That said, I would prefer not to commit to anything that I can't keep, but if you don't make people feel comfortable, then they will find other opportunities for themselves. After Jessica left, I don't feel like I have committed to and want to work with until the end of the game, so there will be work cut out for me at the merge to make concrete bonds.

2-Modern survivor throws a lot of swaps/twists/advantages your way. How have you adjusted your game to deal with the twists this season? Any guesses on what may be coming down the pipeline?
2. I have been pooling coins with others to buy idol clues, so I can hoard as much as I could. I also tried to use my built relationships to make sure people aren't mad at me when they leave the game. This proved to work in some capacity when Davie and Jessica gave me their coins although I will say I didn't really want either to leave, so I am not sure if this was my social game or more circumstance. Would rather neither have left when they did. As far as expected twists, had no idea really. Was expecting a merge after a challenge/vote on Thursday.
3-Who do you trust most in this game? Do you think they have your back 100%, or will there come a point where you need to part ways?
3. I would like to think I can trust Alison and Kara 100%, but you can never know for sure how others think of you. I don't foresee myself ever turning on either of them unless they were to go after me first.
4-What a lame prisoners dilemma! No one had to spend 8 minutes sweating bullets worrying about if they were about to go to a triple council. BOOO!!! Were you surprised to see the idol grabbed so quickly? Did it reveal anything about the other tribal dynamics?

Almost through another week. Keep it up!
4. I was actually really happy to see Jack didn't immediately try to grab the immunity necklace. This might be because Dan posted immediately (1 second before it officially started), so he thought for sure the swapped green tribe was going to go to tribal council. Actually, that probably was the reason. Still, it gave me a little more confidence that he didn't fully distrust the rest of us which was a positive and made me want to keep him more over Christian. He would've stayed either way that night.

Nate Gonzalez wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:32:56 pm Wednesday's sunsets into Thursday dawns, congratulations for making it into another round of Stranded. You’ve outlasted eight other castaways to get here, and it’s now time to see if you can outlast nine.

1. Last Thursday was really eventful, with the tribe swap and the auction, what are you expecting to come tomorrow? How does this impact your plans or strategy? Would you say you are focusing more on short-term survival or are you focused on setting yourself up for the long haul? How are you doing this?
I was expecting a merge Thursday night after the events happened. At the time, it made me want to keep Jack in the game because I felt like he would be far more of an asset with his relationships with the other tribe than Christian would have been in order to help further me in this game. Christian was extremely friendly and a nice dude, but I have had deeper conversations about strategy and further plans with Jack. I also did not want to go into the merge with four original orange tribe members making us seem like we were unwilling to work with anyone from the other tribe. We'd also be massive targets to start for being a close foursome (which we still may be but I feel like not to the extent we would've been). Still, we didn't have too many decisions to make with the way the tribe was set up. I think we have the best group we could've possibly had going into the merge given the circumstances.

You can plan for your short term safety while also setting yourself up for the long haul. I don't really think there has to be a difference between the two in every decision you make since there are plenty of things you can do that can benefit both of them, but I will always prioritize my short term security over something potentially down the road. It doesn't matter how smart or how strong you play, if you get voted out before the end, you won't even have a chance to plead your chance to win. That said, you have to find a balance. If you only focus on the short term, you may not give your self an argument for why you should win.

2. At this point, you’ve spent roughly the same amount of time on your original tribe as your swap tribe. Would you say your closest bonds are with people on your original tribe or your current tribe? Who would you say your absolute number one ally is?
I think I've made it clear that if Jessica was not voted out, she would still be my number 1. Besides her though, I'd say my closest bonds are all with the people on my swapped tribe. Alison is probably my number 1 but I also have told everything to Kara as well, and I work really well with both of them. I also think I have solid relationships with Jack and every member of my original tribe still in the game, so it will be really interesting to see it play out.
3. Finally, Any challenge can happen that can send any tribe to tribal council. If your tribe was to lose the next challenge, who would you want out of this game? What elimination would be the best for your game overall?
If we lost again, I would've regretfully had to vote out Jack since I couldn't vote for Kara or Alison. Really, really happy it didn't come to that because he is awesome, and I feel like we are only going to get closer as the game goes on.

Gary Hogeboom wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:33:10 pm What did you think of that whisper?
This was the whisper from Missy that Gary was asking about
Hey, I just want you to know if there is another swap or merge soon I would like to come over and work with you Allison and Kara I’ve been working with Dan and Angelina ever since we took one of my og tribe member out just wanted to send you this to let you know! I'm sure come merge Miombo will be out looking for blood when they find out I flipped and Dean is the head honcho over there as well
That whisper Missy sent me before the challenge was so sketchy and out of nowhere it was unbelievable. It happened way after the challenge ended, and it was only sent to me. Not only has she never spoken to me, but she said she flipped on her tribe and was working with Dan and Angelina. Saying she wants to work with me and my tribe without ever meeting us is an absolute insane thing to say. I made fun of Carl for saying he wanted to work with me on day 1 after only 30 minutes, but this is far worse than that since we hadn't even shared a conversation. Also, calling Dean the head honcho was hilarious mostly because I never met him nor had any idea what we has like, but then he also called Missy out right away for whispering at me which kind of pointed to her being right that he was in charge of his old tribe. Is that true? No idea. In fact, I thought this whole message was absolute bullshit, and I was under the impression she was sending this as a lie to try to cause mistrust and get me to possibly vote out Kara or Alison had our tribe lost a challenge since I could in theory have Missy on my side, too. It was just a sloppy game move, especially when everybody else is seeing you send this message. Oh, and this cost her a coin to send! Then on top of that she sent me a coin, too! I knew she did the same stuff to Kara and Jessica earlier on in the game, so she is definitely playing mind games, and I didn't know what to believe at the time it happened. I wasn't going to spend money whispering to other people when I knew I could find out the real answers soon enough. But of course I told everyone on my tribe this, and of course I am going to confront Dean on being the "head honcho".

John

• Alumni
By John
The second batch was Episode 8. Hosts - if I missed any other questions, please let me know, and I will go back and answer them. Until then will try to focus on the merge round from here on out since a lot of stuff has happened that I don't know even know if I can go into it all tonight. Whatever I don't will try to recall in the morning.

:rofl: at these questions.
Nate Gonzalez wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:05:51 pm
So, simple questions for a simple round to get you into the weekend:

1. What happened?
Chaos.

2. Who did it?
Everyone.

3. Where does it put you?
I dunno.

4. How are you going to react?
To what?

5. Why are you going to win Stranded?
By whispering so much that everyone else quits.

So Thursday was absolute insanity. First off, I was extremely busy with work all day, so I was exhausted by the time the events started and definitely missed some of the stuff that happened as it was going. So first off, I'm extremely excited and confused that we aren't having a team challenge. I would have been mortified if we had to vote off Jack after we saved him the night before, so the first reaction was positive. Then, I realize immediately that Kara is working and only checking in on her phone, and I see a ton of people are whispering to each other while I have absolutely no idea what we would do from our side since we never even considered this as a possibly. None of us had a plan, and I saw Angelina immediately post to her old tribe that they know what to do like they had planned who to go for first as a united group. :laugh: at that considering the end results of the night, but my initial positive shocked reaction turned into absolute fear. I thought for sure in some kind of crazy twist like this, the easiest thing to do would dispose of the person that isn't even here, especially for those that hadn't ever met Kara. That said, I think she had enough supporters from our original tribe, so I may have been overthinking this. I also remember Alison got a vote from our old tribe when Davie was voted out, so I had no idea if maybe the 5 new green members worked together to vote for Elizabeth, they may have listened to Dan to all target Alison? My mind was a mess. Still, I was frantically whispering to people, and no one was telling me a name or what they were doing.

The hosts revealed that there was a public immunity idol up for auction, so while I was trying to reconnect with the others from my original tribe, I thought hey, I have 62 coins, I could easily win the auction. Had I won, my original plan at the time since no one was telling me anything was to use the public immunity idol on Kara and my other hidden immunity idol on Alison since I figured everyone would probably not vote for the person that won it thinking they would play it the same night. Obviously, had I figured out who the actual targets were, my plans could've changed, but I am pretty sure I would have started off the merge with a bang and a massive target on my back for making that kind of move, especially if it didn't work and everyone voted for Jack or something. So anyways, I end up winning the prize for 55 coins (I think I beat out a team of Nick/Carl for it at 54, could be wrong there, but Nick told me he was trying to win it), and Jeff announces that I can forgo that prize and use my coins to bid on immunity for everyone. So while I lose the public immunity idol that could save me down the road, I was planning to play it AND my other immunity idol on Thursday had I won it. I figured this was much better because it could allow my to not be fully on the radar while also having the added security of the HII still in my pocket, but of course this was only on the condition that we won. So I told Kara, Alison, and Jack all what I did through whispers. Only Jack saw it, and he said he bid on the tribal immunity, too. Kara was on her phone and missed it. Alison said she missed it, too, then sent me 9 coins as an apology. Really appreciated that, but I was worried we wouldn't have enough. Fortunately, others cared less about their tribe being safe, and we won. I am positive that having less coins will hurt me in the future. For now, I am very happy to have gotten all of us to the next round. I also am hoping that people thinking I don't have coins remaining will make me seem like less of a threat? Not sure if it will have an impact. I'm sure they will be valuable at some point in the game. That said, keeping your allies is the only thing more important than having coins.

So after we won tribal immunity, I felt much less stressed out. I was still whispering away to try to make sure I knew what was happening, and I found out during the chaos that Missy was being real in her whisper to me the other day. That was a huge surprise, but I asked Angelina point blank. She said Missy saved her, and she trusted her. This allowed me to get more comfortable working with those two and Dan, and along with our old tribe we had 7 votes. At one point Angelina mentioned Lauren and Missy mentioned Dean and Alison told me Angelina said Jack? After I was able to figure out what was going on, aka after we won immunity, the only name I heard was Chelsea, and I confirmed that with Missy, Angelina, Dan, Alison, Kara, Jack, Nick, and Carl. Everyone said they were in and voting for her 100%. Then Lauren posts in public that everyone who trusts her should all be voting for Angelina and went on this nonsensical rant about how she was playing her idol no matter what then can't find her confessional. I think my biggest pet peeve is a hypocrite, you know someone who says one thing and does another. Lauren claims to be a straight shooter and a completely open book then pretends she doesn't know how to vote or that where the idol she just bought was. :laugh: Come on. It was on the first page of the entire thread. That was a ridiculous display of whatever it was, and me calling her out on her "Masterclass in acting" was not a joke. I was annoyed by it. She's playing the game hard which is cool, just don't pretend you're not. Oh, and I forgot to mention at one point I posted publicly about the votes that happened on our tribe, and I asked what happened on everyone else's tribe so we could get it all out in the open. We found out about the crazy 3-2-1 vote that I mentioned about Missy flipping on her old tribe and pissing half the game off, but we also found out that Carl flipped and blindsided Jessica which didn't make me feel great. I will say that it is hilarious Missy is deemed hated and untrustworthy by her entire original tribe for blindsiding her ally, yet Carl thought he could walk into the merge without any issue and claim he is pushing for the original tribes to the end and how he is completely on board! I guess Missy went about it in a worse way, but Carl should not be completely surprised that people weren't too happy with him voting for Jessica and now deem him untrustworthy. Let's count the sketchy things he's done so far...1. He offered me an alliance within 30 minutes of the game. 2. He didn't tell Davie he was leaving nor try to save him whatsoever when he felt close and didn't want him to leave. 3. He blindsided Jessica. 4. Oh yeah, and him and Nick AFTER 100% confirming they were voting for Chelsea with me, they decided to keep the person they had never talked to and voted for Angelina, someone on their original tribe that they are supposedly pledging their loyalty to. Get out of here with that nonsense. The two of them boldfaced lied in order to try to get in what you thought was the majority under the guise of commotion and chaos that made it tough to make a decision. I was expecting the vote to go like 11-3 or at worst 9-5 since no one had told me whatsoever that the vote was going to be Angelina other than Lauren's public post, I will give Lauren credit for actually saying what she was going to do out loud. She did claim she would do that and stuck to her word there. But other than her, I thought it was set in stone Chelsea was going. Then Missy played her idol on Angelina which confirmed Chelsea was leaving, but I was about to make fun of her in my confessional for pointlessly wasting an idol. But hold up, it was 7-7. :mindblown: This game is nuts, and it's clear that I will never know what everyone is thinking out here. Missy proved where she stood and tried drawing a line in the sand. So now the question is, can we get an alliance going of the 7 people that voted for Chelsea to stick together for at least a couple votes? Or will the original orange crew jump back together? Or will everyone gang up together on my old swapped tribe? I don't know. Will be really interesting to find out for sure.

Another huge piece of information exploded that may have saved me some early trouble actually came from Missy playing her idol. When she played the first idol, the hosts revealed that the original idols expired already. Little did I know is that Carl would confront me this weekend. He found out I was talking smack about him voting for Jessica (I was told Lauren told him and there this but I am sure other people brought this up to him), which he should have expected and EVERYONE on our old tribe is doing because the guy literally backstabbed his tribe. Not exactly sure why this is only coming back to me but whatever, perception is everything in a game like this. Also, by me complaining about it, I was not running around asking to vote for him on Sunday. I actually don't think I want to vote for him then. I completely understand why he did what he did. He wanted to avoid rocks. He wanted to make sure he was not the one going home. I have no problem with his decision as long as he understands the repercussions for his actions which make him seem less trustworthy. What he did not have to do was blindside Jessica, and the huge piece of information he was not aware of was that Jessica was holding onto the idol. So I knew for a fact that he had lied to her. I also knew he lied to Davie. I also knew he lied to me about voting for Chelsea. Of course I find him untrustworthy. What I did not know is that Jessica told Carl and Nick that I had the idol, so I looked sketchy asking Carl more and more questions about it which put a target on my back. Also, since Jessica did not play the idol, they never knew that I sent it to her, nor did they know that it expired at the merge. Missy failing to play the idol actually removed any worry from their side that I had the original tribe's idol in my pocket. But I had to do some damage control with Nick and Carl to explain what really happened, and I also told Kara/Jack (Alison already knew) in case this blows up and will say the same story to anyone else that asks. I don't know if Nick/Carl believe me or not that Jessica had the idol, but she did. Obviously not lying about it....either way it is irrelevant now as the thing is expired. I'm also getting questioned why I told Jessica about the idol and not Carl or anyone else. Well, the real reason is because I trusted her a hell of a lot more than I trusted him. But I am telling everyone I sent the idol to her at the beginning of the swap instead of right after the challenge. Have to say Jessica only found out about the idol because she saw it when I sent it over, and she wanted to keep it close to her chest. That's really the only option to avoid them thinking I was much closer to her than them before we swapped, despite it being true. Although Nick should understand more because he was in the group chat with Kara/Jessica/me? I don't know. Carl can be dangerous if we're not careful. This is primarily because he has proven he will try to vote with the majority to save himself rather than fighting for people that he could work with in the future. Again though, I do like Carl personally, and I don't hate him in any capacity. This whole situation was frustrating to me, and I am sure he will target me at some point in the near future, if he isn't already. That said, because of us pointing out we openly don't trust each other, it is far less likely for people to think we truly are working together, so I don't know what the best plan of action was. What I do know is I am talking a little bit too much, and I need to tone it down. I know Lauren ran back to a bunch of people after I told her everyone on her swapped tribe told me she was leaving next if they lost again (which is true, Dean, Aaron, Carl, and Nick all told me this). Need to be more careful with some of the information I have because people are running with it around all over the place to try to build trust. Jack told me a little bit about Carl being worried about me which allowed me to try to calm this down before it got too bad, but I will not be surprised in the slightest if I become a big target fairly soon.

What else has happened? Tommy was telling me all the stuff Missy lied to him about and how she has played him such as giving him fake idol clues which sent him on wild goose chases. Dean didn't seem too happy being called the "head honcho" by Missy. I will go through all of the people left in the game tomorrow and give a quick run down as to how I feel. Right now I feel like our vote is going to come down to if we think we can trust Missy. If we can, I think I'll push for working with the 7 that voted for Chelsea. If we can't (I know Jack doesn't trust her one bit), then we can maybe push the target on her? I would much rather break up the swapped orange tribe though. They all act like they don't get along and that there were divisions over there which may be true.....but based on the information trails it seems like a front to try to make it seem like they aren't as close as they really are. Especially after the 5 of them voted together for Angelina without a thought. Tommy is probably with that group as well, but he isn't ingrained with them as much as Lauren, Dean, and Aaron are since they have the connections to Nick and Carl, too. Either way, plans can change, but I think it will only delay the inevitable if we don't knock one of them out next, even if I feel like I get along with all three of them pretty well. Also, my biggest worry is that those 5 swapped oranges will be able to bring a couple people like Dan and Tommy on board in order to break up my swapped tribe. I'm not willing to see Jack, Kara, or Alison go this early, so my initial opinion is we need to make the first strike. We could be down in numbers if we let Missy go first.
Loveita Adams, Courtney, Reem Daly and 1 others liked this

John

• Alumni
By John
Kara told me that Carl is worried about me. Missy told me that Lauren told her I was targeting Missy.

Today is going to be a mess, and I am sure it will only get worse. Probably playing my idol tonight.

John

• Alumni
By John
Yeah, just found out that Carl told everyone on his old tribe that I had the original idol without mentioning the expiration date to try to get me targeted at the merge.....what the hell dude? Then he thinks he can claim we're still really close and wants to reunite after pulling stunts like these.

I knew I shouldn't have told anyone I found it in the first place.

John

• Alumni
By John
So most people are saying the vote is currently between Carl and Missy right now, but Angelina wants to vote for Tommy, and the rest of Poroto wants to vote for an orange? Little over an hour before the challenge, and I have no idea who is leaving tonight after being here all day.

John

• Alumni
By John
Angelina and Missy are scrambling. Dan wanting to vote for Missy still makes absolutely no sense to me, but he seems like he is set on it.

It sounds like everyone else wants to vote for Missy, too?

Angelina made two group chats first with Angelina/Alison/Missy/me, then after discussing what we thought, we made another group chat with Angelina/Alison/Missy/me/Kara/Jack. 6 out of 13 is not a majority. No idea what this will result in.

My only goal is keeping Poroto safe at this point.

John

• Alumni
By John
Nick just told me he is flipping on Carl and wants him out?!?!? What?

None of these decisions make sense to me. Why would Dan want out Missy? Why would Nick want out Carl? I don't trust any of them.

John

• Alumni
By John
Supposedly we have 7 to vote for Carl now. I don't know if I want to do that or if it is true, but the fact that it is between Missy and Carl makes me feel uneasy, or that Carl has an idol.

Nick even sent 5 coins to Angelina to say he was on board. But 5 coins doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

John

• Alumni