-- 7th Place - Voted Out 5-2 --
Wow, what a night!

We’re skipping the challenge though because we’d all like to delete that from our memories.

1. That live tribal, wow. What happened? Who voted for who? Were there any surprises?
2. Carl and John both played idols. Did you know they had them, and if so, did you think they would play them?
3. Is Lauren leaving good or bad for your game? Why?
4. Jeff offered the next idol clue for 20 Stranded Coin. Will you be purchasing it? What’s your plan with your Stranded Coin?

Joaquin Souberbielle

By John
Idol Clue #2 from Alison

open your eye and see doublespeak let beauty behold you and color the safety seek

Clue #1 was

False trees are my base and i look like your two wheeler i was made for a traveler the bible has my creator

John

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By John
Joaquin Souberbielle wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:13:02 pm Wow, what a night!

We’re skipping the challenge though because we’d all like to delete that from our memories.

1. That live tribal, wow. What happened? Who voted for who? Were there any surprises?
Angelina voted for Dan. Kara, Alison, and I voted for Lauren. The other 8 voted for Alison.
2. Carl and John both played idols. Did you know they had them, and if so, did you think they would play them?
I did not expect to play my idol going into tribal council.

3. Is Lauren leaving good or bad for your game? Why?
Good.

4. Jeff offered the next idol clue for 20 Stranded Coin. Will you be purchasing it? What’s your plan with your Stranded Coin?
Alison bought it. I sent her 10 for half. I have both clues, but I don’t

I’ll answer all of these questions in more detail below, but first let’s vent a little bit.

Dan, what the hell are you trying to do? You’re the biggest Survivor superfan in the game. How can you think it is a smart decision to turn on two people that saved you before over a bunch of people that you just met and barely talk to? Look man. I understand you and Carl are each other’s number ones, but you have to fight for your friends at some point. Otherwise, you’re going to turn yourself into a sitting duck joining up with a bunch of people that are trying to get you idol’ed out. Oh, but wait? There is this grand plan to vote for Alison! Wonder who played a part of that? Maybe it was the dude that voted for Alison over Christian and Davie way back when?! I wonder. It’s just insane to me how the guy was an actual brick wall when I was trying to save him. Probably because he had this bigger plan in place, but he didn’t even try to hide that he had no interest in working with me? It’s absolute insanity. I posted in the day 0 thread about how Dan is going to be a massive threat. This couldn’t be more wrong. He has played this merge by far the worst of anyone in this game.

So I’m sure the follow up question is, well, if he is screwed up so badly by targeting Missy and Angelina (his allies and people that supported him) without a care in the world, why would you not want him to be taken out of the game like the plan said? Why would you keep someone who has shown he has no interest in working with you despite every piece of logic and common sense pointing to that? I’ll tell you why. Because I didn’t create that plan. Angelina wants Dan out because of how stubborn he was. The Orange swapped tribe was obviously making him and Angelina the decoy boots for their elaborate blindside. I am not wasting an idol to do someone else’s dirty work. You want Dan gone? Take him out yourself. I’m sure he’ll be make it further as bigger targets are taking shots at each other, but I am exasperated by his gameplay at the merge so far. Maybe I’m wrong, and he has some top notch plan with Carl? But he’s putting every single one of his eggs into that basket.

So yeah, how did the best character in the game Lauren leave over this guy that refused to talk strategy with me today? An absolute last minute decision. Lauren was not mentioned once to me after yesterday. No one considered her as a target. No one considered her as a boot option. Despite the fact that she received 6 votes yesterday. She had way more supporters than people let on, she also didn’t talk any strategy with me today. In fact, any strategy we talked over the weekend she immediately ran to whomever I was talking about and ratted me out. Her big mouth is why she was eliminated tonight. Also, I thought Carl could have an idol, and I didn’t think Kara or Alison would immediately be willing to vote for Dean or Aaron. May be wrong on that point, but I did not want to take any chances since the only message I sent about possibly voting for Lauren was basically yelling (through a whisper) that we have to do that now without any room for discussion.

How did this come about? I don’t know man. I don’t know. I have heard so many conflicting stories about who did what, or who really was behind it. It sounds like Tommy, Dean, and Alison made an alliance that Tommy ratted them out, but this made absolutely no sense to me because Tommy was the first one to immediately give me a heads up that Alison was a target. He started the chain of events that turned what was probably an easy 8-4 complete blindside on its head and went to shambles. We then panicked, but I thought that he was playing me. I thought the plan was still them voting for Angelina. But then Dean tells me he is voting Dan like we talked about which seemed weird since most others were telling me Angelina. So I’m panicking trying to figure out what is going on, but I feel like I am the one getting blindsided. At the time, I think Tommy wanted me to spread this fear that Alison was in danger so that they could take out me or maybe Kara or something. Maybe just get me to play an idol and keep the vote for Angelina. It could’ve been anything, I had absolutely no idea what to do. Then Jack came to the rescue and told me that he was voting for Alison. I then quickly gave a heads up to Alison and Kara and we somehow all stayed safe and took out one of the safe people from that swapped tribe we were all terrified of.

8 people lied to me tonight in one way or another. Tommy and Jack gain points because they highlighted what was going on, so I personally still trust them a little bit. When I say a little bit, I mean like way less than halfway. The glass like a quarter full or more like 3/4ths empty at this point. We’re in deep trouble, and the only people I trust right now are Angelina, Kara, and Alison. That being said, Angelina has a problem trusting someone after they’ve lied to her. She wanted Dan or Jack’s head tonight for what they did last night. Now everyone has lied to her so we have to try to work with someone, anyone that will listen, and we can hopefully talk more to figure out who the best person to work with would be.

I also need to talk about Alison and Kara. I don’t think I have highlighted enough in my confessional how awesome these two girls have been. I guess there is a chance they could be hiding some stuff from me, but I fully believe they have good intentions. At the very least they haven’t lied to me in a way that is detrimental to my game haha. Nonetheless, it’s been amazing to be able to bounce ideas off of both of them throughout this game, and I am really glad to have been able to meet them and work with them here. While they are both completely different from each other in terms of personality and messaging styles, I have been able to connect really well with both to a point where I am happy to be working with them to the end of this game without a shred of doubt. I do not see any scenario where I would want to vote for either of them unless they turn on me first, and I didn’t even hesitant to use my idol on Alison as soon as it was confirmed she was getting the majority votes. So yeah, we are together for the long haul…..not that I have much of a choice at this point since I am in a clear minority, but I wanted to post one positive paragraph in my sea of rambling paranoia.

Back to Jack, Kara and Alison and Angelina all hate him after what he has done. Going to try to say that because he told me Alison was getting voted out, he actually saved us (which is true), but I have no idea if he will ever vote with me again. I think that he wants to eventually join back together with me, but I doubt he feels the same with the people that have called him out in public. I don’t know how the people that voted for Alison feel about him, but I feel like he is safe over on his original tribe, so I told him to make sure he doesn’t forget about me later in the game.

As far as Tommy, Dean and Aaron are especially sketched out by him, and everyone was trashing on Tommy for whispering to me at tribal council to flash that Alison was getting targeted. Aaron was hurt because Tommy as his number 1 ally. Dean was hurt, too, because Tommy, Dean, and Alison created some 3 person alliance with each other today that Tommy immediately revealed and threw Dean under the bus on. So I have been trying to tell Tommy that I really appreciate him flashing the info to me, but also that he is not in the top of the food chain over there. Nick also feels similarly that Dean, Carl, and Aaron are the people calling the shots, so I am trying to offer up myself if Nick and Tommy want to make a big move to put their face on the map and make it a 6-5 majority. Will it happen? Probably not, but the offer is on the table. It’s completely up to them, but they both smart players and think they have set themselves up like this deliberately to play the middle.

Carl, I don’t trust at all and don’t know if I ever will again. I told him I don’t understand why he was okay with his group trying to get Dan idol’ed out because it doesn’t make sense why he is okay with that. Good guy, personally. However, he is super untrustworthy. Similar to Dan who I also like just don’t understand.

I’ve also brought up to Dean and Aaron that the biggest threats to this game are the people playing the middle. They both felt betrayed by Tommy, so maybe we can work together to target them? No idea. Just throwing shit at a wall and hoping something sticks. I do really like Dean and Aaron and was extremely confused why Dean targeted Alison since Alison loves Dean. It just seemed like a bad game move for him more than anything else. He swears he was planning to vote for Dan. I don’t know if I believe him. Dean is probably the best player in this game, and he is extremely smooth with how he talks to people. He could easily be lying to me, but I don’t understand why he would write Alison’s name so maybe he was forced into it? Aaron also wants to start playing this game hard, so we’ll see if he’s all talk or not. I don’t expect any of these ideas to pan out but we have to try something to get out of this garbage situation. I’m never going to give up despite the odds looking tough against us. I’m sure I’ll be targeted soon enough….my goal for now is to try to get Alison, Kara, Angelina, and myself to the final 4. The odds of that happening? A trillion to one at this point. Good luck to us.

John

• Alumni
By John
After the initial sting of being lied to by most of the cast, I’m pretty pumped up that we were able to sniff things out and use the idol to save Alison.

I still think I’m toast next after everyone saw me play the idol, but there are a ton of huge targets on a 12 person tribe. Think this game has already proven anything can happen.

John

• Alumni
By John
Carl and Dan are completely ignoring me. :rofl: Don’t they realize that they’re the ones that lied to me yesterday? I did not push the vote to Lauren. In fact, I tried to talk to Dan to push the target off of him.....Again, he was leaving if I played my idol and listened to his brand new alliance. I don’t know how much clearer I can be to him, so I’ll try yelling it from the rafters:

DAN THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU DUDE! WAKE UP!!!

John

• Alumni
By John
Carl responded at least. Dan is online and still nothing. Sure he is busy with work, but I’m not reaching out again until he sends me something.

Aaron said he may push for Tommy to Dean, Carl, and Nick. Curious how Nick reacts to this if he actually wants to flip the script on Carl.

John

• Alumni
By John
Kind of regret not just getting rid of Dan last night; however, I thought he’d be receptive to working with me once I explained what happened and how Dean and Aaron threw around his name as a decoy boot. Still time to do that. Actually I don’t regret it because he will be lost without Carl if we can get rid of him tonight.

He also didn’t call me an asshole or a dirty player like Lauren did so there’s that. Can’t second guess myself since Lauren was in a much better position than Dan was in.

John

• Alumni
By John
Nick told me I'm the target tonight.

If Tommy and Nick pull through, I'll stay 6-5. If not, I am gone 7-4. That's it.

I trashed Dan to Carl because I want Carl to think there is no way I am voting for him in case he found another idol. Still think I am probably toast but cautiously optimistic.

John

• Alumni