By Danni Boatwright
Welcome to your confessional Kara!

This may be the most important place in the game. It's where you will vote and more importantly, talk to us! Feel free to divulge your darkest secrets, current strategies, alliances, and hell... just pure hatred for other players. You are the only player that can view this forum. Outside of Alumni and Hosts, it is completely private. We love getting the dirt and there are plenty of us here to ask you questions. As you can see, this thread is labelled "Episode 00". Each round (meaning challenge + council) we will start a new thread with the title of each episode. After every Tribal Council, a host will start a new thread asking you more questions. Again, this is your forum and you can feel free to start whatever topics or make whatever posts you like. We will be here to help you out, make you think, get you to talk and really just lend an ear.

We take confessionals seriously because we're genuinely interested in your story. We want to know everything you're thinking and more importantly, what you're feeling. Think of it as free therapy. We will be guiding you along the way and asking you questions, provoking thought and helping you think about things you otherwise might not have. We find that just talking through your situation can help you get a fresh perspective on things.

Beyond that, it's just fun. What's more fun is having a record of what you were thinking at different stages of the game, and being able to look back on that is priceless so take advantage of it!

Here is a practice mini-challenge for you to work on. It is a challenge that might appear once or twice throughout the season in a different form. While it will be easier to do in the actual challenge using a puzzle-builder, this will help you practice reposting images. Image posting is something that will pop up in multiple challenges and is a skill that you should perfect. Please refer to the guide in the Camp forum for detailed instruction on how to post images.

This particular challenge is a 4x4 16-piece puzzle. You must correctly unscramble the puzzle using the ORIGINAL image links. Meaning, you can't simply rearrange them in a photo editing program. You must use the original images by using the IMG tag. (more information on this in the camp how-to threads.

Good luck, please ask us for any help or further instructions :)

You will need to reply to this thread ahead of the season and sign the rules in order to avoid being replaced.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts
By Kara
Gary Hogeboom wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:52:17 am win you must, Kara
Garyy Boo :heart: I'm going to try my best!!! Definitely going to try and take full advantage of this sort of second chance to actually play because I didn't really get the chance to last time in Iso. So maybe I turn the gears on day 1 or maybe I hold back and work more on the social front. Going to try and feel out the personalities and TALK TO PEOPLE to see how I want to approach this. I'm confident in my ability to game, I just feel like I have to know when to start pulling from the deck.

Kara

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Shonee Fairfax
Hello, it's me! Shonee Fairfax! I have a few questions.

First, introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, what you do, and why you're here. Take this opportunity to really show your personality.

What is your strategy for winning here? How are you going to get to the end and convince the jury that you're the one who should win.

Does anyone stand out to you solely based on first impressions? (Answer after talking to people.)

Thank you so much, I'm going to use these answers for a secret project. :)
Kara liked this

Shonee Fairfax

By Kara
Hiii Shoneee!!!
First, introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, what you do, and why you're here. Take this opportunity to really show your personality.
I am Kara, this is my first time playing stranded though I do have a very unfortunate run in Iso as the beginning of my track record here, but- I do think that coming into this game I kind of have a lot to prove, to prove that I can actually compete and actually create something worthwhile while in this game. I'm from Toronto, I'm a dance instructor and I really hate talking about myself but I will say I think I'm a pretty nice person? Idk lol I do my best to be sort of nice to everybody and stuff. I'm very sociable, outgoing and overall I just want to have fun! This time around though, I think I'm parking the fun boat somewhere and tapping a bit more into the gaming side of things. I wanna go deep... balls deep in this game okay.
What is your strategy for winning here? How are you going to get to the end and convince the jury that you're the one who should win.
This is a tough question because I honestly don't have a clear cut strategy right now. I think I need to feel out the people I'm playing with before I answer this question. I want to play my cards as right as possible this time around, have all bases covered- build relationships that actually hold value and loyalty. If that means taking a backseat and observing for a bit before striking, I will do that. If the tribe seems very much like a "fall in line" kind of tribe then I will probably try and take some reigns early on. My path to the final is kind of undeclared- I'm going to base my decisions based off of my relationships and hope that gets me as far as I need to go.
Reem Daly liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By Kara
Can I say.... y'all some hoes for casting so many newbies. I cannot say that I've played anything before. I would also like to be counted as a newbie because we're forgetting I came in 17th or something like that, okay?

Kara

• Alumni
By Kara
I can't be the only one that didn't find the puzzle that hard.... maybe I can win a couple challenges. MAYBE. Idk, I suck at them usually, like really bad but maybe this time I will have luck on my side

Kara

• Alumni
By Kara
Does anyone stand out to you solely based on first impressions?
Hm, well nobody really stands out- everybody seems like a square right now but HERE are my first impressions of some peeps.

Alison: She's really nice! Idk I just feel like her playing seems a bit amateur, like I don't know if working with her is in my best interest. She also seems like closely bonded with Jessica, which isn't best case scenario down the line.

Jessica: Same as Alison TBH... Do they not both realize they fully said that they need numbers outside of us three... but want to add Angelina to the same chat they said that in... like it's not making any sense to me. Also has no manners, didn't even say Hi before messaging me about an alliance. But she's from Nashville and Taylor Swift is from Nashville maybe it's a sign.

John: He's cool, fine to talk too. Feel like I gotta talk to the guy a little more but maybe someone I could see myself working with down the line.

Angelina: Haven't talked that much but based on the challenge, seems like she wants to be a front seat driver, which is cool as long as she can pull her weight in immunities.

Dan: I fucked up and probably leaked I was in a chat BUT maybe he's a lil dumb? Idk either way he scares me a little. Keeping an eye on that one.

Nick: haven't talked too much yet but cool!

Carl: Same, he seems nice! Think I definitely need to expand my chats with all the boys.

Davie:. Image

Christian:. Image

Lyrsa:. Image
Courtney, Gary Hogeboom liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By Kara
The tribe is a little quiet to start off which is annoying BUT, I am fully in prep mode for setting myself up well for this first tribal council. I do believe the female block we've built between Angelina, Jessica, Alison and myself will vote together come the first tribal council- Now it's a matter of covering my own bases everywhere else with the rest of the tribe. I don't really care who's voted out first- as long as it isn't me.

After the reward challenge, I let Nick know he could keep the two coins he was supposed to give me because honestly- nobody knows what these coins can be used for so I think a lot of people will be after them. Practically giving him two coins I think should go a long way in terms of trustand maybe whenever voting comes down the line he'll have the small but maybe important gesture in the back of his mind. Saved me about 6 conversations I think, and I'm okay with knowing where the coins are.
Garrett, Gary Hogeboom liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By Kara
And I think maybe the coin thing worked? He talked to me about the possibility of pooling coins together so I thinke there's been a bit of trust built there which is very good!!

Kara

• Alumni
By Kara
UGHHH IDOL CLUES!!!! So here's the thing- I am not the brightest bulb by any means so this first clue will not at all help me in finding the idol right now i don't think- but having a large trail of clues may make things easier for my sometims slow processing brain- it is also probably not in my best interest to be a step behind everybody in the search for an idol. BUT i only have 11 coins and maybe at this stage in the game something like an extra vote or another advantage will come up with these coins and that may end up more useful to me- so after giving Nick my two coins I don't want to be another 5 coins down so early in the game. I think what i can try and do is split the clue with Nick- so that way I'm only giving away one more coin and am back to the starting point of 10 rather then being below it.

Kara

• Alumni