-- 9th Place - Voted Out 5-1-1-1 --
By Reem Daly
Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
GAME ON

Welcome to the Miombo tribe! Hopefully you're hitting it off with the rest of your tribe because for the next 30 something days these people will determine your fate in the game. Just a few questions to ponder as we head into the first week!

1 - Who on the tribe are you meshing with? Who could you do without?
2 - What is your general strategy for the tribal portion of the game? are you looking for a tight alliance, or just going with the flow? Do you feel you're being successful thus far at said strategy?
3 - We announced our first challenge involving strandedcoin and the first opportunity to use them. How do you feel about the tribe distribution of coins strategy? What do you think of the idol? What are your thoughts on strandedcoin and the future it entails for the game?
4 - The first tribal is Monday night, and it's a double doozy! Are there plans in place for an elimination target already? Who are you working with to implement this?

Best of luck! We're so excited to watch you play!

Reem Daly

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom
By Dean
Lemme give you the scoop then.

1 - Who on the tribe are you meshing with? Who could you do without?
1: Right now I'm meshing well with Jack, Elizabeth, Aaron, and Tommy the most. However, I feel more "myself" with Elizabeth and Jack and love their company. And I also trust them with strategy talks too. Jack is the closest person to me still, even beating out Elizabeth, and I think he's leaning to become my #1. Whereas Tommy and Aaron are pretty close together with me for strategy, but outside of that... we haven't really bonded over much else? Man, they both keep bringing sports up, much to my aggressive dismay.
Who could I do without? Depends if you mean who do I wanna vote out or who I'm just not vibing with. Elaine is on another fucking planet. Vince and Karishma I wouldn't mind having them stay since they could be a potential goat in the end. Lauren on the other hand doesn't do much for me. Chelsea isn't much better than her, since both seem to lack a desire to talk with me. I know in previous confessionals I've beaten up Missy a bit too much but at least she is active, and we can talk... even if it is miniscule as fuck. So, basically, Elaine, Lauren, and Chelsea I could do without right now.

2 - What is your general strategy for the tribal portion of the game? are you looking for a tight alliance, or just going with the flow? Do you feel you're being successful thus far at said strategy?
2: Tribal portion? What? Aren't we all gonna be on tribes forever? I gotta look up Survivor lingo better... anyway, I'm basically going with the flow. But I'm not going to just float on the waves, I plan to make splashes too. I think I'm aligning with the right people and making the right choices so far. I have the 49th Parallel going on, and in that, I have us 3 guys (Me Aaron and Tommy) as an unnamed trio, then I have also me and Elizabeth who are united as Canucks against dumb fucks, lol. But also I have that thing going with Jack. So I'm feeling confident in my position. I don't think any one of them will fact check with each other against me, for the time being.
I gotta say I was looking for a ride or die, and maybe a small group, but nothing with what these guys want. Tommy and Elizabeth and I think Aaron too all want this supermajority alliance, and I'm a bit iffy on that idea. I don't mind a very loose "group" but to make an actual alliance with basically 3/4 of our tribe seems silly to me. I still don't know how I feel about immediately getting into a majority alliance, since it feels like its gonna be inevitable now. I suppose the best thing to do is to ride this big alliance out by being in the middle or middle-top so I'm not looked at as a threat but I'm not looked at as easy pickings either.

3 - We announced our first challenge involving strandedcoin and the first opportunity to use them. How do you feel about the tribe distribution of coins strategy? What do you think of the idol? What are your thoughts on strandedcoin and the future it entails for the game?
3: I actually hate handling money how dare you make this a thingggggg. These coins could be the death of me, especially if the main purpose will simply be for clue and idol hunting. Possibilities are endless. You could have previous Stranded vets come in and give like 10 minute advice to someone for a certain amount of coins. You could buy jury votes- well I guess they'd be redundant at that point if the jury is out of the game. Or, they could buy their way back into the game? Like if you get voted off and have over 100 or something, you can bribe your way back in but you remain bankrupt forever. Who knows what the twist could entail. Can I bribe Jeff to make sure the next season doesn't have to endure these hardships of finance like we must do? I want to save my coins for something big, like I get to null someone's hidden immunity idol for 50 coins or whatever the amount.
But still, 5 of those coins for an idol clue when we just started with 10? What is this horrendous economy? I thought we were stranded in (*checks notes*) Tanzania, not live in Zimbabwe or Venezuela! Also our tribe should have more money than the other tribe because, I dunno. Make us rich Zanzibar, they can be the mainland. Anyway, I have a clue about this idol thanks to Jack, and I'll be excited to see if we can figure out the rest of the puzzle together. I called Zanzibar, he called Gerry's bar.

I can sum up how I feel about this Stranded economy with the following, and I have a feeling it'll only apply to many more things as the season goes on:
Spoiler: show
4 - The first tribal is Monday night, and it's a double doozy! Are there plans in place for an elimination target already? Who are you working with to implement this?
4: With both tribes there... will that be the first time we can see each other tribe chat, cuz mutual forum? That'd be rather interesting. Either way, obvious target is Evasive Elaine. I'm kind of tempted to see if she gets removed from the game before TC however, because I do enjoy #TeamChaos. At the same time, it would just make it such an easy week if we voted her out. Having said that, if Elaine does get removed before we can vote her out, then my money is on Vince or Karishma that will be voted out. I think more people got a chance to talk with Karishma than Vince, but he seems like he might pop up a bit more and be more active than she will. I dunno. If it comes down to it and our tribe can't decide, I might say fuck it and throwaway a vote to someone like Lauren or Chelsea.
Garrett, Loveita Adams liked this

Dean

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Dean
Hold up I'm tripping what did you do to my profile picture I'M MOVING

Love it :heart: Shoutouts to the mods and hosts and others who manage and program these forums and do the background art and edit and shop the profile pics together, like, that's almost half of the fun tbh is to be a part of this experience everyone is putting up for us peasants to enjoy.

Then again, I suppose it is like an Emperor and his cohorts tidying up his coliseum so he can later watch caged barbarians kill each other.
Jeff Probst, Aubry liked this

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
Happy birthday to the Sputnik and good afternoon to everyone else. I'm pretty confident about tonight. And excited!

Not much going on today so far. Everyone is probably doing what they have to do in the day so they have free time for when the challenge starts later tonight.

Aaron is on though and hasn't said much to me. Wonder if he's chatting it up with Tommy or Chelsea.

Tommy... *breathes in loudly thru nostrils* Don't call me American again, thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Chelsea isn't the first person to tell me they had a hard time with the challenge. Aaron still didn't do his challenge as far as I know. He kind of reminds me of Will from BBCAN 6: Tries to be one of the guys, and he prob can't win shit :crine:

You know, if most challenges involve using tags in certain ways or knowing how to navigate the forums, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually could be a competition threat. Which I never thought I'd be in any incarnation of a reality game show. But if there's some other way to do competitions, like "drag and drop" like Chelsea wanted, then I could be in trouble as others may then get a handicap.

Elizabeth pegged me as someone to whoop everyone in comps (based on the practice puzzle). So yes, I have to underplay or at least undersell how well I actually know how these forums and tags work.
Aubry liked this

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
So wait, Tommy doesn't want a big group now? Am I mixing my notes up or something? Or does he simply mean he doesn't want to make a group chat? Because I'm pretty sure he was the one that was big on expanding our 3some with Elizabeth into something bigger. Ugh.

Should I win this upcoming challenge? Will I be perceived as a threat if I win? I don't know how it works in Survivor world if its good to show off many comp wins or not. I mean I'm probably safe since it's the first week but otherwise, idk. Maybe I could win it and then use it to say "hey keep me in the tribe because I can win us the team challenges".

Going into this challenge, I'm thinking worst case scenario is Elaine to magically reanimate herself from beyond and win the idol. Lauren claimed you hosts said you've seen things similar to that. If all of a sudden I see Elaine's name online, I'm fucking gunning :gun: :gun: :gun: for that idol. Next worse case would I guess be either Vince, Karishma, or Lauren. Chelsea I wouldn't be too fond of either but eh.

Speaking of Chelsea, I'm super positive she and Missy are in fact together in some way. Aaron is lowkey a bit suspect to that too, since he seemed a bit too positive on Chelsea and wanted things to really work out with her.

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
I'M SO RICH NOW

Hey getting 3 coins is awesome, now I don't feel too bad about giving 2 for the clue from Jack. However, this has opened up a lot to me. I wasn't at the edge of my seat doing my absolute most but I still gave like 80% because 5 coins seemed tempting. I didn't want to over compete and I didn't want to throw the comp. However, I'm shocked that Tommy got it 32 minutes into it, and I got mine 41 minutes into it. And if Missy lost it by 4 minutes, then she got around 36 minutes. Then there's Chelsea, who beat my time. So that's three people who were faster than me.

I'll be remembering this information going forward.

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
And god bless Aaron, thinking that by going on mobile it would help him complete the challenge faster. He's actually my favourite unintentionally hilarious person, I have to stan

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
This night is now over so I'll go over what I think:

Not much really, I mean, what changed? Pretty much my thoughts are two posts above (and the latter half of the Episode 00 thread is still relevant IMO). I think as the first TC dawns on us, a hierarchy is finally forming and a pecking order is as well.

Elaine -> Vince/Karishma -> Lauren

This has basically been what I've been thinking though for a while now. Glad the rest of the tribe has caught up to me. The supermajority alliance on the other hand seems to go like this:

Me/Aaron/Tommy -> Elizabeth -> Missy -> Chelsea

Jack seems to be in the middle. People like him, and I saw nobody ever throw his name out there as someone to vote off or to be on the bottom of the totem pole. If he doesn't start showing up more frequently though, I don't know how much I can do to help save his image. If Jack moves into the supermajority October 3rd alliance, I could maybe see him above Missy and below Elizabeth in the hierarchy.

Jack supposedly entered the challenge today for some coins, which is strange... most peculiar indeed. I didn't see him online at all and he didn't type to me much today. Wonder what he's been up to the past couple days. I certainly hope he's on tomorrow. If not, then I dunno, I might get closer and closer to Elizabeth to the point where she'll usurp him as my true #1. But they're both seperately my ride or dies still.

Lauren forgot that the homework was due tomorrow and now she's trying to work fast to pull numbers together, lol she hasn't even messaged game to me yet. Sorry sis you should have worked on those bonds. I KEEP TELLING ALL THESE SCOUNDRELS TO GET MORE ACTIVE FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS NOW BUT DOES ANYONE LISTEN TO DEAN?

Now to mention the other tribe... I'm very wary of Kara and Alison. They seem to be online constantly. Kara is like the counterpart to me I think, she's probably the most active on the other tribe (which itself is very active compared to ours). They could be trouble down the road. I'm also curious as to who that tribe will vote out at tribal council. Will our tribe get to know right away? Will their portraits grey out? Will we just have to figure it out on our own? I mean, doesn't Show!Jeff always say to the other tribe "look who got fucking eviscerated on the other tribe" as they enter for immunity? I hope we at least get to know that, because it'd be very telling. I'm expecting Lyrsa personally since I've no idea who else it could be. I have no spy there on the other team, but I wish I did. I hate not knowing things.

Hmm...

Hey Stranded, do next season in the Scotland. You could have a spy theme going on and you could have sleuths all over the place with people from one tribe being able to spy on a convo or something maybe from the other tribe, for example.
Garrett liked this

Dean

• Alumni
By Garrett
Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
Dean wrote: doesn't Show!Jeff always say to the other tribe "look who got fucking eviscerated on the other tribe" as they enter for immunity?
I think he prefers to use 'annihilated'
Dean liked this

Garrett

• Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Dean
To smithereens you say?

Btw is there any way to turn off auto-drafts? Gets a tad annoying having to delete entire confessionals and PMs before I want to write something. I'm about to vent about seeing my old vents when I want to vent about new vents.

Dean

• Alumni
By Loveita Adams
Custom Custom Custom Custom
Dean wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:38:08 pm To smithereens you say?

Btw is there any way to turn off auto-drafts? Gets a tad annoying having to delete entire confessionals and PMs before I want to write something. I'm about to vent about seeing my old vents when I want to vent about new vents.

Trust, me, it's way more preferable than writing up an entire essay confessional, pressing send, and timing out and losing the whole thing forever. Take it from someone who experienced the "pre Auto Draft" age.

Loveita Adams

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Dean
Loveita Adams wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25:04 pm Trust, me, it's way more preferable than writing up an entire essay confessional, pressing send, and timing out and losing the whole thing forever. Take it from someone who experienced the "pre Auto Draft" age.

For the others I guess it is. There is the "save draft" button for them though. Either way, I can live with it. I don't know if I've ever been timed out yet, I wonder how long it is. I think I avoid timing out by hitting "preview" every 5 seconds anyway haha I'm too needy about making my confessional nice and neat and nitpicking it to death and I think previewing it refreshes my time on the site.

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
Oh damm did I post too much or do something wrong? Notification says I lost a badge :shock: I don't even know what a badge is though, hopefully nothing important to the game

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
"this is the most insane conversation ive ever been apart of" Aaron, don't be my friend after this or I will actually corrupt you haha. Maybe it's people trying to be polite, but nah that was a tame as fuck conversation compared to what I have normally. These people hae never met a qualified shitposter before and it shows :crine:

Anyways, even though it's just Elaine, I'm hyped about going to tribal! Another part of the Stranded experience!

Dean

• Alumni
By Dean
Excuse me people who work on the technical side of things, but on the page where we clicked to see Jeff tally the votes up, at the very end, it said

The Final Vote...
and the first person voted off of Australian Stranded is...

I think that's safe to say that might be the wrong season, haha. Just thought you should know.

Dean

• Alumni