By Danni Boatwright
Welcome to your confessional Jack!

This may be the most important place in the game. It's where you will vote and more importantly, talk to us! Feel free to divulge your darkest secrets, current strategies, alliances, and hell... just pure hatred for other players. You are the only player that can view this forum. Outside of Alumni and Hosts, it is completely private. We love getting the dirt and there are plenty of us here to ask you questions. As you can see, this thread is labelled "Episode 00". Each round (meaning challenge + council) we will start a new thread with the title of each episode. After every Tribal Council, a host will start a new thread asking you more questions. Again, this is your forum and you can feel free to start whatever topics or make whatever posts you like. We will be here to help you out, make you think, get you to talk and really just lend an ear.

We take confessionals seriously because we're genuinely interested in your story. We want to know everything you're thinking and more importantly, what you're feeling. Think of it as free therapy. We will be guiding you along the way and asking you questions, provoking thought and helping you think about things you otherwise might not have. We find that just talking through your situation can help you get a fresh perspective on things.

Beyond that, it's just fun. What's more fun is having a record of what you were thinking at different stages of the game, and being able to look back on that is priceless so take advantage of it!

Here is a practice mini-challenge for you to work on. It is a challenge that might appear once or twice throughout the season in a different form. While it will be easier to do in the actual challenge using a puzzle-builder, this will help you practice reposting images. Image posting is something that will pop up in multiple challenges and is a skill that you should perfect. Please refer to the guide in the Camp forum for detailed instruction on how to post images.

This particular challenge is a 4x4 16-piece puzzle. You must correctly unscramble the puzzle using the ORIGINAL image links. Meaning, you can't simply rearrange them in a photo editing program. You must use the original images by using the IMG tag. (more information on this in the camp how-to threads.

Good luck, please ask us for any help or further instructions :)

You will need to reply to this thread ahead of the season and sign the rules in order to avoid being replaced.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jack
Holy schnikes, the game starts today! First of all, I kinda can't believe I made the cast. I really didn't think that, as a first time applicant, I had much of a shot. But I made it! I'm here. And so are 21 other people. More than expected! I have to be honest, logging in and actually seeing all the other contestants - it was the first time that I really thought about my odds. Realistically, there's a very small chance that I could win this game. And as cheesy as it sounds, I kinda already feel like I won just by getting a place on this cast. So while the competitor in me wants to win, I'm kinda shifting my focus today. I just want to see if I can hang in there and survive the first two votes. I want to have fun!

I watched the tutorial videos and just completed the practice challenge. Honestly, I thought my puzzle skills would be better than they were LOL. I drew a diagram on paper assigning each square a number between 1 and 16. Then, I figured out the rows one by one. I checked my work one row at a time, eliminating numbers from my paper grid, which helped me figure out what was left to play with. The top row was the last I completed and was the trickiest!

Strategy going in: I'm going to just try to be really active tonight, checking messages and posts. I want to be available and form some friendships tonight. We have 11 people on our tribe, so 6 is a majority. I need to make at least five good relationships before we head to our first Tribal Council. I think I can do it!
Reem Daly, Danni Boatwright, Courtney and 1 others liked this

Jack

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Shonee Fairfax
Hello, it's me! Shonee Fairfax! I have a few questions.

First, introduce yourself. Tell us who you are, what you do, and why you're here. Take this opportunity to really show your personality.

What is your strategy for winning here? How are you going to get to the end and convince the jury that you're the one who should win.

Does anyone stand out to you solely based on first impressions? (Answer after talking to people.)

Thank you so much, I'm going to use these answers for a secret project. :)

Shonee Fairfax

By Jack
Hi, Shonee. Very nice to meet you! Sorry for the delay on my reply!

I'm Jack. I'm a university administrator in Chicago who is currently working from home, thanks to Covid. I'm also a comedian who produces and directs shows, teaches improv classes, and bartends on the weekends. The shows I work on vary from family Christmas shows to LGBTQ variety hours to neo-modern burlesque, but everything I do has a balance of humor and heart. And that's something that I try to bring into everything I do, onstage or off.

My strategy really begins with my humor. I think a shared sense of humor can be one of the most powerful bonds two people can have, and I'm hoping to use humor to get people to lower their guard around me. I could not have been more happy to see the photo of me in use, it's absolutely hilarious. Dude looks like he just realized that, on planet Earth, there are more nipples than people. I'm hoping that if I can lean into how doofy I appear, people won't see me as threatening. If that can help me get to the end, I think people will realize that within the humor I used, there's an emotional intelligence behind it and that I was able to use my personality strategically.

Based on first impressions, I think I'm most excited to keep getting to know Dean. On night two, we got a chance to have a really long conversation and to learn about each other. Life has really put him through it, but even though he's faced these incredible tragedies, it doesn't seem to have gotten him down. He's intelligent, he's optimistic, and he seems incredibly determined. I want him to do well, both inside the game and in life.

I've also really hit it off with Elizabeth. She's a bundle of energy, extremely hilarious, and she doesn't hold back! We've been bonding over being stoners, which is super fun. I also kinda hit it off with Karishma in the same way. She's a bit younger than me, but I think bc she's a university student and I work for a university, we kinda have that bond. I really enjoy talking to Missy - she's out in Trump country and hating it, and I truly want to be someone she can vent to if that's frustrating her, bc I can't imagine living where she does and seeing his name on campaign signs everywhere. I really have enjoyed chatting with everyone on my tribe - I think we've got a great group of people. I wish we could stay in this honeymoon phase forever!
Garrett, Aubry liked this

Jack

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts