By Reem Daly
Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
GAME ON

Welcome to the Miombo tribe! Hopefully you're hitting it off with the rest of your tribe because for the next 30 something days these people will determine your fate in the game. Just a few questions to ponder as we head into the first week!

1 - Who on the tribe are you meshing with? Who could you do without?
2 - What is your general strategy for the tribal portion of the game? are you looking for a tight alliance, or just going with the flow? Do you feel you're being successful thus far at said strategy?
3 - We announced our first challenge involving strandedcoin and the first opportunity to use them. How do you feel about the tribe distribution of coins strategy? What do you think of the idol? What are your thoughts on strandedcoin and the future it entails for the game?
4 - The first tribal is Monday night, and it's a double doozy! Are there plans in place for an elimination target already? Who are you working with to implement this?

Best of luck! We're so excited to watch you play!

Reem Daly

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jack
1. So far, I am really meshing with Dean. To be honest, I'm really inspired by his attitude in the face of the challenges he's faced in his life and I really respect him for it. I'm also connecting more with Chelsea, Elizabeth, Karishma, and Lauren. I'm trying to connect more with Aaron and Tommy. I'm getting some dude bro vibes from those two, which is a more challenging energy for me to match, but I like them both from the chats we've had. I have a bit of a bro side and with just a bit of common ground, I think anyone can become a fast friend. I haven't had too much of a chance to talk to Vince, but he seems to have the biggest personality of anyone on our tribe.

2. In the past few days, my strategy has been to just have a conversation with everyone. It doesn't have to be about the game. I just want to get to know people, and hopefully, to get them to laugh, to get their guard down just a bit so we have a chance to make a connection. Ideally, I would like everyone on this tribe to either think of me as their #1 or #2 ally. I really don't know how successful that has been so far, but I've had a few people say they'd like to work with me, so I think it's been helping me.

3. I'm pretty stoked for StrandedCoin to be a part of the game. After watching Winners at War, and seeing it used to gain advantages and screw people over, I think it's going to make the game more exciting. And, we get to try it out before any other contestants on the show have had a chance! Feels pretty cutting edge. I will say, it's already stressed me out a bit and caused me to do something a little risky. When the first clue to the Immunity Idol became available for sale, part of me didn't want to spend the Coin. So then I had the brilliant idea that I could split the cost with someone else. The person I happened to be talking to at the time was Lauren and when I brought it up to her, I could tell she also thought it was a good idea to save Coin, but we couldn't agree on who would pay three Coins and who would pay two Coins. She also seemed hesitant to allow me to be the one that received the clue from Jeff. I realized I was going to have to strong-arm her a bit and take control of the situation. Immediately I knew I had to be the one to receive the clue - I didn't trust her to give me the real thing, actually because she was paranoid about me doing the same to her - and I knew that I could afford to charge her less, and to tell her it was bc I wanted her to trust me, because I fully intended to sell the clue to someone else too. Which I did. Even after telling Lauren I wouldn't share it with anyone else, I had to take it to Dean. For one thing, I really wanted Dean to trust me and work on the clue with me - he's so smart. But also, I needed to make some of that Coin back! I really hope they do not compare notes, because I also told Dean that I wouldn't share it with anyone else. And I'm going to keep my word to him - it's just that, well, obviously I shared it before I got to him.

4. The plan going into the first Tribal is to vote out Elaine. She never showed up, so she's the one weak link we have on this tribe. It should be a unanimous vote, if I've got my finger on the pulse. Seeing a vote for anyone else would honestly shock the hell out of me.

Jack

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts