By Gary Hogeboom
Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
If you threw a wish in the well to make it this far then you'll do anything to get by the people in your way.
The jury is growing and so is the pressure so where do you think you're going, baby?!

1. Hey, I just met you!
Are you still reaching out and bonding with new people or are your relationships pretty much set at this point? What are some weaker relationships you can build on?

2. This is Crazy!
It sure is! talk us through that blindside and your role and/or reaction before during and after that tribal council.

3. Here's my number
What are your numbers right now and how do you see them shaping immediately and several votes down the line?

4. Call me Maybe
Call your shot right now. Who is going out? How are you gonna make that happen?

Gary Hogeboom

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jack
1. Hey, I just met you!
I feel like my relationships are fading a bit each night this week. Fewer people responding to my messages can't be a good sign. I also get it though. Work has been really busy for me this week so I've had to log in late each day and you have to put in the time to talk to people and really figure out what is happening to make good moves or at least fully get what is going on. I would obviously prefer to be here more but the real world calls and this year is probably not shockingly really hard at work. 2020 keeps kicking us while we are down. Also I want to note that this game format is harder to navigate than I appreciated. I know the game generally is tough and that is what makes it fun to try. But it's hard to not see the people we are talking to over these many days. I definitely enjoy talking with people and thought social game would be my move and was prior to the merge but its really hard to read people's intentions when you aren't talking face to face. It's also hard when divides start happening and you genuinely like and want to work with people on both sides. You would think that since this year has driven us more online and much of our conversations are happening on the internet since we are cooped up inside it would be easier but I find it difficult. People's faces are telling and it's hard not to see who we are talking to on here. Lastly, I'm also starting to think I might have made a bad bet going with Dean and my original tribe members. I understand his loyalty to me has had to run thin to protect his own game but John (and Potoro) who I turned on to support Dean prove to be loyal to their main allies over and over again which I really respect. I also don't think Dean wants to hear my game opinions all the time and expects me to just vote with the flow. That behavior is what led me to vote against Potoro. I have a hard time agreeing to a vote without getting all the information on who is voting on my side. But that's the game! I know!

2. This is Crazy!
I was probably the most blindsided. Well second most. (Sorry, Carl!) I just heard from John that Nick who I think voted against what I though he would do and took out Carl actually got coins from Carl immediately before so a nice move! He has flipped on Carl before so I'm not sure why Carl was so confident. But by that logic I'm not sure why I didn't question this group more going into the vote so I own that I didn't think through the move enough. I didn't feel good sitting on the side of the tribe with all other men. That's not what I like to see and it should have been a personal red flag after Monday's vote.

3. Here's my number
I think I am the odd one out. Dean who I normally tell everything isn't talking to me. Kind of lame on his part since we bonded on a personal level to not even give me a heads up but I hope it's just his best attempt at a game move. I expect to go tonight.

Last night Aaron actually pinged me about me on the chat. He said "Jack Flipped". I wrote back "I'm Jack". Working with some real geniuses! John knows I voted for him. I explained my reason why. Dean said John was saying my name and Tommy's when he was talking to him in conversations and then John told me he hadn't heard my name so I was like oh I can vote for him now (even though he's someone I really like in this game) and feel less badly about it. I pretty much said this to John verbatim after the vote. He also lied to me about Carl. He told me he was voting Tommy and I felt he might be testing me but I didn't think he had the numbers to get his own target. Underestimated!

4. Call me Maybe
Lol my best hope is that John's side wants Dan more than me or Nick gets too bold and tries to switch around again. Otherwise I think it's me. Not sure what my moves are and I am not giving up but I think sometimes a strategy can be just to sit back and not make it worse even if that is a very BORING game to play.

I like this themed question today. CRJ love! I am so jealous you get to see how the others write these things.

Jack

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts