By Nate Gonzalez

This is the final 4. One of you is going to win and three of you are going to lose. You have one tribal council and one jury vote that’s going to determine that. So your questions are:

1. There are currently seven people on that jury. Go through them one-by-one and talk about who you think they’re going to vote for in the Final 3. Who’s the biggest threat? Whose votes do you have in the bag? Who do you need to take out to be able to win?

2. There are four people currently in the game. How do you plan on surviving this round? Who is your target? What is your backup plan if your target wins immunity?

3. Now – for the montage at the end of the season. Reflect on your experience in the game and think about what you’ve done, what you’ve learned, and what you’ve accomplished. What are you the proudest of and do you think the jury will award you for that?

Nate Gonzalez

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jack
1. Looking at the jury, I'm not sure I have a good handle on who will vote for who but here are my guesses.

I think Lauren is likely to vote for Aaron. They went from Miombo to Nyiri together, they spent a lot of time together.
I think Carl is likely to vote for Aaron.
I think Dan is likely to vote for Tommy.
I think Dean is likely to vote for Aaron.
I think John is likely to vote for Tommy or Kara.
I think Alison is likely to vote for Tommy.
I think Nick is likely to vote for Kara.

Tommy's jury management has been called into question. I think Aaron and Kara likely see him as the biggest threat to win. It's tough because I think both Aaron and Tommy have a great shot to win the game. I'm not sure if I have a shot to win no matter who I take out (the goat curse is strong), but I'm getting pressure from Aaron to make a move on Tommy.

2. This is a do-or-die moment for me. If I don't win the immunity, then I feel like I should be the one to go home. In fact, I had a difficult conversation with Aaron where I basically explained that I was really worried that if he dragged me to the Finals, that he would catch a lot of flack for working with me. I asked him to at least consider chopping me before that, so that I wouldn't sink his game. I felt like if I couldn't win this immunity and get there on my own, there was no point in me being in the Finals. I've gotten really down on myself during this game, I can't lie. Being called a goat, having Jeff shine a spotlight on me at Tribal, getting a lot of flack from the other contestants... I've tried to shrug it off but yeah, it got to me. So I had an emotional moment and wanted to let him know that whatever pact we made, it can be over. He can get rid of me if that's what is best for his game. But I don't wanna roll over and die and just quit. I feel like that would be disrespectful to the people who have been voted out before me. So I gave it my all in the challenge and I actually absolutely smashed it. Now that I've won immunity, I can hold my head just a little higher. It doesn't make up for all the struggles I've had in this game, but it helps right now for sure.

3. My experience in the game has had highs and lows, that's for sure. I feel like I started strong - I spent a lot of time having one-on-one conversations and really got to know my Miombo tribe. Then came the swap and I was put on a tribe where I was outnumbered with Karishma. And I survived two votes in that position. No one else in this game had that experience. Then I come to the merge, I'm right in the middle of the new Poroto/Angelina/Dan/Missy alliance and the former Miombo/Nick/Carl alliance. I flip, I piss a ton of people off. For me, the flip isn't the regret, but it's the 24-48 hours after that really put me in a tough spot. My fear of confrontation led me to just ignore the people I flipped on, and it allowed for their anger to fester and last much longer than it probably would have if I had just let them get their frustration out that night. Then, my guilt led to me wanting to repair my relationships with John and Alison and I leaked some intel that allowed John to save Alison with an idol. That move was the dumbest thing I have done. But after Angelina was removed from the game, I found my footing again and allowed myself to work discretely with Aaron and Tommy to reach the end of the game.

So the things I'm most proud of: my individual immunity wins (I will be headed into the Finals with more wins than anyone left), surviving the swap at a numbers disadvantage (something no one else did), and connecting with people early on and using those connections to find my footing when the game started to come apart for me. I don't expect the jury to reward my cautious play, but we'll see.

Jack

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
Jack wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:05:25 am
So the things I'm most proud of: my individual immunity wins (I will be headed into the Finals with more wins than anyone left), surviving the swap at a numbers disadvantage (something no one else did), and connecting with people early on and using those connections to find my footing when the game started to come apart for me. I don't expect the jury to reward my cautious play, but we'll see.
I'm still so grateful for you putting us out of our misery and ending the numbers challenge. Biggest move of the game in my eyes :wink:

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jack
Danni Boatwright wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:08:28 am
Jack wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:05:25 am
I'm still so grateful for you putting us out of our misery and ending the numbers challenge. Biggest move of the game in my eyes :wink:
Hahaha! It's all about the spreadsheet!

Jack

• Alumni
Stranded FTC is intense and overwhelming. Congrats on sticking it out and fighting your absolute hardest.

In this final day before crowning a winner, give us a thought about what you saw from the jury. Whose vote do you think you have and who else are you hoping for?

If you have any other reflections about the game, feel free to give us an update on your feelings during finale. We look forward to seeing the whole cast together later tonight!

Gary Hogeboom

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Jack
The Final Tribal Council was definitely intense! I think the jury did a great job of dissecting our opening statements and asking thoughtful questions. Clearly, there's been a lot of comparing notes at Ponderosa. I was surprised to hear how many people said their votes were up for grabs. I also felt like we got a lot of the same question a lot - what was your best move, what was your worst move - which, you want to give these people their answers but it's also like, man, I spent half an hour answering that question for another person. Just go read that!

I think I have Nick's vote and I think that might be the only one. Maybe Dan? I don't think he wanted to vote for any of us.

I think Kara probably has Lauren and Alison's vote. I think Aaron will pick up Carl, Dean, John, and Tommy's vote and will win the game.

Final thoughts: After 15 years, I can definitely say this game is harder than I remembered it to be. Outside of a few moments of personal victory, it was hard not to feel overwhelmed by the pace of the game and the strength of the other players. I feel very lucky to have been a part of it but I'm also exhausted and glad it's coming to an end tonight. A most sincere thanks to the gracious hosts of Stranded!

Jack

• Alumni