By Jeff Probst
Custom Posts Custom Custom
This is Carl's Final Tribal Council Thread.

All other Jurors should remain in their own threads. Final 3, remember... this is not for you to address each other, but to talk to Carl. In-fighting amongst the Final 3 should be reserved for the Live Final Tribal Council on Sunday.

Carl, you have until Saturday at 8c/9e to post your statements/questions to the Final 3. Remember not to take up too much of their time as they have 7 other jurors to get to. Please no listing or questions requiring novels for answers. You should post all of your statements/questions in your opening post in this thread. There is a live Final Council on Sunday where you will get to address everyone live about the statements they have made as well ask follow-ups.

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Carl
Well I plan on being VERY drunk tomorrow so I'm posting my questions now. Let's get this show going!

First of all, let me offer my congratulations on doing what the rest of could not and making it to the end of the game. Aaron, Kara, and Jack you have outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted the rest of us and that cannot be taken away. Each of you are worthy of being at the end and each of you would be deserving winners in my book.

With that said, obviously only one of you can win and the jury would like to give it to the person who has played the best game overall. Each of you were definitely some of the more under the radar players this season, which, while has obviously gotten you to the end, has also brought a lot of questions to the jury about which of you actually played a solid game and which of you used others to play that game for you. I’m not saying one way is better than the others but I do think we need more information on how you employed that throughout the season and why that makes your game stronger than the other two players sitting beside you. So, for each of you, I will ask a separate question to get things going:

Aaron: My man! I’m happy to see someone from Win or Booze at the Final 3. You were easily one of my favorite people within this entire season and I happy you were able to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously, I know more about your particular game versus Kara and Jack’s games but I do need more information if I am to give you my vote this weekend. Before I was voted out, we discussed having a private chat about our game plan moving forward. What was the chat going to entail and how did you shift your game plan after that night to take a more leading and active role in tribals going forward?

Kara: Kara, much like being happy to see Aaron in the Final 3, I am happy to see you here as both the last remaining woman and the last remaining original Nyiri player. Likewise, I would like to congratulate you on playing a perfect game so far and having received 0 votes against you. That is not an easy task and is something that should definitely be considered in your favor. With that said, a large portion of the jury has felt that you have been too under the radar and rode the coattails of stronger players in John and Alison for too long and did not have a decisive role within this game. In fact if you are able to see Ponderosa after this, you will see that for a while we actually considered you to be playing the worst game remaining at Final 8, not someone like Jack who you have constantly called a goat and not worthy of being here. I was always one who wanted more from you and I wanted to see a very solid final week from you so I need to know what happened this week in particular that puts you over the top. Kara, can you tell me what decisive moves you took within this game that show why you are worthy of being here instead of just being aligned with John and Alison? Obviously, you have made it farther than them but what happened during this final week that shows why you are more deserving of being the winner than both Aaron and Jack?

Jack: Jack, I for one have never believed in your “goat” status. I think this is something that was unfairly painted on you following your flipping and someone who flips on their alliance is not someone I would classify as a goat. Coupled with that, you have won two immunity challenges including the most important of them all. However, even by your own admission, you are someone who plays mostly from the shadows and even when I was in the game, it felt that you were easily controllable by other players and not someone I had to worry about. Jack, I would like for you to tell me what makes your gameplay of being the most under the radar player stronger than that of both Aaron and Kara Have you been able to make any decisive choices throughout this game and truly decide who continued on in this game? Or are you truly a goat who went along with what other people said in an attempt to just eventually make it to the Final 3?

Again, I congratulate you all on making it to the end of the season and I look forward to seeing your responses.

Carl

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Kara
Kara: Kara, much like being happy to see Aaron in the Final 3, I am happy to see you here as both the last remaining woman and the last remaining original Nyiri player. Likewise, I would like to congratulate you on playing a perfect game so far and having received 0 votes against you. That is not an easy task and is something that should definitely be considered in your favor. With that said, a large portion of the jury has felt that you have been too under the radar and rode the coattails of stronger players in John and Alison for too long and did not have a decisive role within this game. In fact if you are able to see Ponderosa after this, you will see that for a while we actually considered you to be playing the worst game remaining at Final 8, not someone like Jack who you have constantly called a goat and not worthy of being here. I was always one who wanted more from you and I wanted to see a very solid final week from you so I need to know what happened this week in particular that puts you over the top. Kara, can you tell me what decisive moves you took within this game that show why you are worthy of being here instead of just being aligned with John and Alison? Obviously, you have made it farther than them but what happened during this final week that shows why you are more deserving of being the winner than both Aaron and Jack?
Hey Carl!! Thanks so much for getting us started and congratulations on a well played game!!

Interesting to hear that take on my game from Ponderosa, but I will most definitely do my best to disprove that aura of my game because I do not feel that way about myself at all. I actually feel like I played up being one of the more confrontational and upfront players this season which contradicts being super utr completely. I think a lot of your question has to do with the Kara, John and Alison trio and first, I'll explain why I think that's perceived the way it is.

John and Alison played these big, widespread games that ended up with them in Ponderosa. I was never one to spread myself too thin. I kept my circles small at all times, and the influx of information I was getting, was kept to myself until I needed it. my goal was never to be in everyone's ear, my goal was to be in select ears when I had to be. If I wanted to take control of any votes I completely could have, I did so at Nyiri's second tribal council and orchestrated Davie being voted out- It wasn't a matter of my game being small it was a matter of John and Alison playing far too across the board which is why I ended up outlasting them. John, Alison, and I all had the same targets, and the moves we made benefitted all of us- they were just simply louder about it in conversations than I was and I think that's what caused their demise as opposed to mine.

Now as for decisive moves I made-It starts with the John vote which was crucial for the game. I know how John would look sitting next to me in the end- He was probably the best player left in the game at that moment in time and though he was my ally I knew that I could not sit next to him in the end between his idol plays and flashy moves (He told me he had sent Jessica an idol after the swap and this showed me he was way smarter than he had initially let on in our partnership) and whatnot. I knew I would have to turn on him at some point. So I had a final 3 with John and Alison- As well as a final 3 with Alison and Angelina (She was also a threat I had no intentions of going with her)- I concocted a final three with Nick and Tommy and sold the idea of Alison and John as a duo pinning the target completely onto them. I then spoke with Aaron about none of us being able to beat John which cause him to spill so much information out to me including that Jack and Alison had been plotted against me, whether this was true or not I still intended to target John and that's exactly what happened that week. That vote was one that was my decision and turned around the game completely.

Then I found the idol and knew everyone wanted to vote for Alison, but I had spent the day repairing the broken bridge between us and used information Aaron and John had given me about Alison in order to justify my turning against them. I completely would've played my idol on her- but she wasn't willing to vote Tommy and I didn't think and still don't think Jack was worth being idol'd out and having Tommy upset and still in the game would not be good for me at all. So I played it on myself- even though I knew I wasn't going out in order to show the jury I had that in my pocket. In this vote I managed to not turn my back on Alison, vote for Jack who I truly believe didn't deserve to be there and allowed Aaron, Tommy, and Nick to vote out Alison. I didn't have to burn the bridge between her and me here so I made the decision to not make such a move.

I don't think this game for me was about making power moves every vote- but it was making the right moves to get me sitting here. Thank you for your question and hopefully, we can talk more Sunday.

Kara

• Alumni
By Aaron
First of all, my stomach is turning not being able to respond to the post above but I will proceed-

In an answer to your question, my objective of that conversation was going to be to bring you closer to myself and Dean, and to move you further away from Dan and Nicky boy. What that entailed, I can't tell you for sure because my brain QUICKLY turned once I realized how deep of shit we were actually in with Nick and Tommy flipping.

I knew you had a close relationship with Dan, and Dean and I expressed fears of that relationship moving into the end game. At that point, we assumed we were in control of the numbers and ready to start making plans for the next phase. Dean and I both trusted you completely with our games (I am speaking for both of us, which may not be fair but to my assumption we both did), and I wanted to ensure Dan specifically wasn't going to interfere with that once we got further into the game.

You will see in my confessionals, my plan was to go to the end with you and Dean. But, unfortunately, it didn't happen that way and I had to navigate through what was a much different end game then we had hoped. But, it goes without saying, I look forward to having a beer with you once this shit is over. Amazing playing with you.

Aaron

• Alumni
By Carl
Thank you both for you answers and again congratulations! I look forward to following up on both of these on Sunday with you guys

Carl

• Alumni
By Jack
Carl, the first two votes of the merge (after Chelsea) I made moves that were entirely for my game. I felt Missy was the biggest threat to me, individually, and I made a move to eliminate her. I detail the reasons for this in my response to Alison but I’m going to really get into the following vote here. After winning that immunity, I knew that I could follow the numbers and easily vote to get rid of Alison next. However, that’s not what I wanted to happen and I was feeling myself a little after my win. My goal was to ride the middle, and to do that successfully, I felt that I needed to continuously try to appeal to both sides. I wanted to begin to repair my relationships with John and Alison so I leaked the vote to John. Earlier in the game, John had told me that he had given Jessica an idol (that went home with her) and that he was given a massive sum of coins when she left. After watching Missy reveal that she had two idols, I knew the odds were good that John had used his fortune and experience deciphering idol clues to find another one, and I had a very good feeling that if I leaked the vote to him, he would do the hero thing and save Alison. In doing this, I also knew that I was going against what my #1 ally, Dean, wanted and that this could also potentially endanger him, but I was committed to my desire to keep working with both Dean and John, right in the middle of the pack. I had hidden my relationship with Dean, so I took the risk that he wouldn’t be targeted and I also assumed that John, Alison, and Kara might target Dan on this vote. (I ended up being wrong about that, obviously.) So right at the start of the merge, I took in a lot of information, but I made decisions that I thought were best for me and no one else.

Playing from the middle can be risky but I think it does separate me from the other finalists. At that point in the game, both Aaron and Kara were working with larger groups and that comes with a certain amount of protection. I sacrificed that protection early. Thinking long term, I knew it would be a risk to keep so much of my game underground, but I knew that I would prefer to explain my choices rather than explain a mess of a game that was filled with a superfluous number of alliances and promises.

Jack

• Alumni