By Dean
@Aaron @Jack @Kara

Tell me something. Who are you so glad to see out of the game and not sitting next to you right now? Pick one person in jury and tell me why you're glad they're not next to you right now. Whether personal or game.

Also to you three, sorry if I'm not responding to your answers. I don't wanna spam the thread or take up too much time, but know that I am reading everything and refreshing the page constantly to see what you all write.

Dean

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Alison
Tommy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:21:51 pm
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:17:28 pm
Nick wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:08:29 pm So Jack, I will say I came into final tribal council not really expecting myself to vote you but the way you answered my tribal council question today made me really reconsider you. I learned more about you reading that paragraph then I had learned the whole time I spent with you. You perfectly answered my question, and so I commend you for that.

Kara, I was a bit upset with your response to me because the Davie vote wasn't super significant. I do feel like it brought my views about you a bit but I'm still considering you as my vote. Instead of pointing out a vote, could you just generalize for me why you think you're a strategic player because that aspect of the game for you is still unclear.

Aaron, great response, I just felt it was a bit ingenuine only because I get the feeling that you are just buttering myself and everyone else up rather then actually telling me how you really felt. Loved your game though, but I'll definitely be watching how you respond to everyone else's questions tonight because my vote is still undecided but I don't have any questions for you at the very moment.
I mean I promise you that was how I genuinely felt. You can ask Tommy, and you can ask Alison who I thought the biggest threat in this game was. I'm not sure if that's the piece you felt was disingenuous. But, I spoke the truth in all of my answers.
We were all worried about your challenge prowess Nick. I personally thought we played similar games and you would have been fun to go H2H against, but it was smart to vote you out when we did. You probably would have won out.
i think i told you that i thought you were a huge threat @Nick the day i left i believe is when i told you that.

Alison

• Alumni
By John
Also, one thing was really bugging me in the answers to my jury speech. @Aaron, you called out Kara, claiming her big move of getting rid of me was complete BS because you were responsible for convincing Tommy and Nick to target me. Doing some simple math, that is only three votes when you needed four as a majority. So wouldn't that put Kara and Jack as the swing vote decision-makers that night?

@Kara and @Jack, my main follow up question to you is why did you believe the final 7 was the best time to vote for me when I was someone that did not want either you to be voted out over others. Especially when there were many people in the game that may not have wanted you to make it as far as I did? Quick example for each of you: Jack and Nick had no gaming relationship and Kara knew Tommy was spilling her secrets (and eventually targeted her at the final 4). If I was such a big threat to win the game, why did you believe it made the most sense to get rid of me at the final 7 instead of later in the game?

John

• Alumni
By Kara
Kara, I was a bit upset with your response to me because the Davie vote wasn't super significant. I do feel like it brought my views about you a bit but I'm still considering you as my vote. Instead of pointing out a vote, could you just generalize for me why you think you're a strategic player because that aspect of the game for you is still unclear.
Sorry, the Davie vote was just significant to my game because it put me on a tribe where I was the glue between the OG Nyiri on Poroto and was able to really work all my relationships there so I had very solid stuff heading into the merge.

I think I'm a strategic player because I thought very cautiously about where I was maneuvering myself within the game. I observed not only my opponents but the people I was working with as well. I saw it all- I predicted it from a mile that everyone would think I rode coattails, so I knew i had to vote out John, and set myself up with Nick, Tommy, and Aaron perfectly. Aaron literally worked to get Jack not to vote for me at the f4, he'll call it his move, but wasn't it my social maneuvering that used his relationship with Jack to my advantage? I lack any sort of connection with Jack because I did not trust him- it was very clear I wanted him out of the game to everybody but I always had a backup, If Jack was ever in a power position I had Aaron to work that angle for me.

I was in a perfect position every round. That wasn't chance- It was strategic maneuvering.
Tommy liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By Nick
Kara, can you also explain to me what was going through your head during the Alison vote and why you didn't tell me that you wanted to vote out Tommy?

I was definitely upset because with how things turned out, I would've considered turning on Tommy if I had known Tommy had linked up with Aaron and Jack. That vote is keeping me from voting for you because I felt like it was extremely irrational and emotional because you voted Tommy out of spite and didn't have a plan in motion until you hit tribal and whispered me to vote someone out I thought was on our side up until that point.

Nick

• Alumni
By Jack
John wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:11:44 pm Let me tell you straight up that Angelina was not leaving at the final 8 with an idol in her pocket. At the very least, I know I would have told her to play it if she was getting the majority. So if that was your plan, cool, but it's not what would have happened. None of you really acknowledged or gave a strong answer to consider the alternatives, so I am going to press that further. No need to give me an explanation, but I want to know your ideal/dream boot order from final 8 up until the final 3 had Angelina not been removed from the game.
John, I assumed that you probably would have gotten rid of Nick next. From there I was hoping that with seven people left, you'd consider flipping on the girls and working with Aaron, Tommy, and myself. Ideally, Angelina would have gone next (I did not know she had an idol - maybe you had other plans for it), then maybe Kara - I would have tried to position myself in the middle between you & Alison and Aaron & Tommy. Based on how immunities shook out, I'd have to pick a pair, but I'm sorry to say - I would hope to go after you at that point. You made so many hero moves. Taking you to the Final just wasn't possible. Then I'd probably clip Tommy and sit in the Final with Aaron and Alison. Again, this is all ideal hypothetical.

Jack

• Alumni
By Tommy
Kara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25:58 pm
Sorry, the Davie vote was just significant to my game because it put me on a tribe where I was the glue between the OG Nyiri on Poroto and was able to really work all my relationships there so I had very solid stuff heading into the merge.

I think I'm a strategic player because I thought very cautiously about where I was maneuvering myself within the game. I observed not only my opponents but the people I was working with as well. I saw it all- I predicted it from a mile that everyone would think I rode coattails, so I knew i had to vote out John, and set myself up with Nick, Tommy, and Aaron perfectly. Aaron literally worked to get Jack not to vote for me at the f4, he'll call it his move, but wasn't it my social maneuvering that used his relationship with Jack to my advantage? I lack any sort of connection with Jack because I did not trust him- it was very clear I wanted him out of the game to everybody but I always had a backup, If Jack was ever in a power position I had Aaron to work that angle for me.

I was in a perfect position every round. That wasn't chance- It was strategic maneuvering.
Did you two plan it together or did he do all the work and you are piling on with him?

Tommy

• Alumni
By Aaron
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:11:37 pm My vote goes to whoever throws the most shade at your fellow finalists tonight.

But seriously, I have some more questions to get to. 85 more minutes, let's get down to it. I'll start with you @Aaron

Aaron, lot of things I wish to comment on about your reply in my thread. You wanted to reply to more than just my questions, so I’ll start with that. About you wanting to flip to Ang*lina. think the main reason I declined that was because it was so sudden to me, and we never really talked about Angelina as target for that vote, so I was thrown off. If I let you have your fun in the sun and went with your Devilina flip plan, I’d like you to elaborate on how we’d have the majority. Try to give me a brief synopsis on how you see the following days after TC, flushing out their idol and killing her off.

Now, go into me having “lack of communication” after the idol was played. You surely don’t mean between us, since you were still my #1. If you mean with the other side, I felt as though I was still communicating with them as much as I normally did, which was adequate and not lacking. And surely you don’t mean with Alison, considering that she was the one to not continute our talks as they once were. Hard to treat someone a certain way when they’re absent to you. Did you mean with Tommy? As I recall, both of us found it equally tough trying to rope Tommy back in (even though we didn’t know just HOW much gone Tommy was by then). I’d like you to dive more into this comment you made.

About your loyalty to me. I’ll be quick and blunt; Carl told me in jury that both of you together were planning something along the lines of thinking of when to vote me out. I’m paraphrasing this to save time and because I somewhat forget (seriously, there are so many pages in the jury thread and I can’t find it). So, what you said to me about taking me to the F3 contradicts what Carl said. I want you to help clarify this issue for me. Were you being honest with me yesterday, or was that thing with Carl just fluff and never real on your end, or something else?
Ok so im going to try to do this quickly so i don't miss anymore questions because im already behind-

So if we flipped the vote that night, Ang would have been gone and Lauren wouldn't have gone. That means going into the next vote (where Carl was idoled out), we would have the an 8-3 majority. Tommy and Nick at that point would have been less likely to flip, as we had the numbers. John, Alison & Kara would have gone in some variation and it would have given you and Carl new life. In my dream world, we would have controlled the game and maneuvered from therre- but point being John, Alison, and Kara would of had to play the idol and we had the numbers to split.

The lack of communication was primarily with Carl & Nick. At this point, I felt Nick was still with us and you hadn't done anything to mitigate the fear of you being the flip man (as Carl pointed out during his tribal). Your lack of communication there forced me to have to essentially have Carl & Nick trust on my word you were safe, when to that point I wasnt even sure you were telling the truth.

The Carl information was centered around the above paragraph. I sent this to him when I wasn't sure if you were the guy who flipped or not, as your communication with me and him during that time lead to serious suspicion.

Sorry for the shortened answer, I wish I could dedicate more time to each

Aaron

• Alumni
By Nick
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24:50 pm
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:17:28 pm

I mean I promise you that was how I genuinely felt. You can ask Tommy, and you can ask Alison who I thought the biggest threat in this game was. I'm not sure if that's the piece you felt was disingenuous. But, I spoke the truth in all of my answers.
We were all worried about your challenge prowess Nick. I personally thought we played similar games and you would have been fun to go H2H against, but it was smart to vote you out when we did. You probably would have won out.
i think i told you that i thought you were a huge threat @Nick the day i left i believe is when i told you that.
Oh I know that everyone thought I was a threat, I just felt like Aaron was speaking like a "politician" when it came to his response to me. I just really preferred how Jack responded to my question over Aaron which is why Aaron's response feels so unlegitimized.
Alison liked this

Nick

• Alumni
By Aaron
John wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25:37 pm Also, one thing was really bugging me in the answers to my jury speech. @Aaron, you called out Kara, claiming her big move of getting rid of me was complete BS because you were responsible for convincing Tommy and Nick to target me. Doing some simple math, that is only three votes when you needed four as a majority. So wouldn't that put Kara and Jack as the swing vote decision-makers that night?

@Kara and @Jack, my main follow up question to you is why did you believe the final 7 was the best time to vote for me when I was someone that did not want either you to be voted out over others. Especially when there were many people in the game that may not have wanted you to make it as far as I did? Quick example for each of you: Jack and Nick had no gaming relationship and Kara knew Tommy was spilling her secrets (and eventually targeted her at the final 4). If I was such a big threat to win the game, why did you believe it made the most sense to get rid of me at the final 7 instead of later in the game?
At this point in the game, Jack myself and Tommy had committed to this plan together. So we had already locked in the 4 votes necessary

Aaron

• Alumni
By Dean
Nick wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30:42 pm

Oh I know that everyone thought I was a threat, I just felt like Aaron was speaking like a "politician" when it came to his response to me. I just really preferred how Jack responded to my question over Aaron which is why Aaron's response feels so unlegitimized.
Not a fan of politicized talks?

Dean

• Alumni
By Kara
Tommy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:29:30 pm

Did you two plan it together or did he do all the work and you are piling on with him?
He told me he was going to talk to Jack and get him to not vote for me. I discussed trying to get you to vote Aaron, but i didn't want to lose Aaron's trust by doing this and I also thought you were much closer with him than you were with me.

I knew Jack trusted Dean so he would trust Aaron.

Kara

• Alumni
By Nick
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:32:27 pm
Nick wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30:42 pm

Not a fan of politicized talks?
Nope lol, makes it feel like someone is being nice to me not because they're trying to build a connection, but because they want my vote which gets annoying, but Aaron is still good in my books it was just the only thing I was upset about with his answer. I'm going to try and not be nit-picky.

Nick

• Alumni
By Alison
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24:50 pm @Aaron @Jack @Kara

Tell me something. Who are you so glad to see out of the game and not sitting next to you right now? Pick one person in jury and tell me why you're glad they're not next to you right now. Whether personal or game.

Also to you three, sorry if I'm not responding to your answers. I don't wanna spam the thread or take up too much time, but know that I am reading everything and refreshing the page constantly to see what you all write.
im curious to see these answers.

Alison

• Alumni
By Kara
Kara. You said to me you had three shields in front of you for most of the game. I want to know, was this always going to be your plan and your game strategy even before we started the game, or did it naturally come to this? Why did you feel like letting them do the flashy work while you took a backseat was best for your game? And I don't mean to just get to the end, but to use as a plan to actually get to the end and win.
I initially started working with John because we gelled as people, but his game started to become really big- Alison I wanted to use as a shield because she talked to a lot of people very effortlessly it seemed like, so I really knew that she'd be a good source of information plus a bigger target than me. Angelina and I were never working together closely really- she was simply shield purposes.

I took a backseat so when people got voted out or blindsided or idol'd out, the heat didn't come back directly on me. I wasn't going round to round, I was looking rounds ahead- and i always made sure I had wiggle room if things fell through. John, Alison and Angelina all shared the same best interests as me, so making some big power play was unnecessary and would've only hurt me. I was in on strategic talks- I didn't just sit and listen.

Kara

• Alumni
By Tommy
Kara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:32:50 pm
Tommy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:29:30 pm

He told me he was going to talk to Jack and get him to not vote for me. I discussed trying to get you to vote Aaron, but i didn't want to lose Aaron's trust by doing this and I also thought you were much closer with him than you were with me.

I knew Jack trusted Dean so he would trust Aaron.
Thanks Kara. Yep, Dean put it in his goodbye message. I just didn't know they had it in them.

Tommy

• Alumni
By Alison
Kara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:36:47 pm
Kara. You said to me you had three shields in front of you for most of the game. I want to know, was this always going to be your plan and your game strategy even before we started the game, or did it naturally come to this? Why did you feel like letting them do the flashy work while you took a backseat was best for your game? And I don't mean to just get to the end, but to use as a plan to actually get to the end and win.
I initially started working with John because we gelled as people, but his game started to become really big- Alison I wanted to use as a shield because she talked to a lot of people very effortlessly it seemed like, so I really knew that she'd be a good source of information plus a bigger target than me. Angelina and I were never working together closely really- she was simply shield purposes.

I took a backseat so when people got voted out or blindsided or idol'd out, the heat didn't come back directly on me. I wasn't going round to round, I was looking rounds ahead- and i always made sure I had wiggle room if things fell through. John, Alison and Angelina all shared the same best interests as me, so making some big power play was unnecessary and would've only hurt me. I was in on strategic talks- I didn't just sit and listen.
this just makes me feel used :dunno:

Alison

• Alumni
By John
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31:35 pm
John wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:25:37 pm Also, one thing was really bugging me in the answers to my jury speech. @Aaron, you called out Kara, claiming her big move of getting rid of me was complete BS because you were responsible for convincing Tommy and Nick to target me. Doing some simple math, that is only three votes when you needed four as a majority. So wouldn't that put Kara and Jack as the swing vote decision-makers that night?

At this point in the game, Jack myself and Tommy had committed to this plan together. So we had already locked in the 4 votes necessary
This is where I am pretty confused and need all of you to speak for yourselves. Jack said in his answers that he wasn't around until Sunday night. He also said Kara told him she wanted to vote for me when he showed up while Kara has spoken about planning this for a while before.

Also, can you and Kara please answer my first question? Don't care when but would like to see it before the 90 minutes are up.

John

• Alumni
By Kara
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:38:07 pm
Kara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:36:47 pm

this just makes me feel used :dunno:
I wouldn't say I was using you because I 100% was on your side and would've gone further with you had you voted for Tommy the night I played my Idol :heart: I was always worried though, that this coat tail riding thing would hurt me if we sat together here.

Kara

• Alumni