By Carl
Carl wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24:06 pm
Carl wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:13:19 pm Sorry to interrupt this little debate but I do want to make sure I ask some follow ups to my questions from my thread:

Aaron: That's nice to hear about what we would have talked about and I would have loved to go to the end with you too but I did also ask what did you do specifically to shift your gameplan after I left? What became your ideal Final 3 and when did that come about? Is it the two people you are sitting with now?

Kara: You talk about this briefly in your response to John but I was curious about when you had planned on going after John while Angelina was still in this game. Did you always plan on taking out John at Final 8 or did that get sped up once Angelina was already gone from your alliance?
Going to double up on this as well to ask another question for everyone. We've heard a lot about people's best moves or MVP moves but what do you guys think is the best move made by each of the other two people sitting with you?
Tripling up just to make sure these are answered and I tag people this time lmao

@Aaron @Kara @Jack
Tommy liked this

Carl

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Dean
I still want to know where you felt with me @Kara . You told me you were only being 100% social with me. But that's dangerous, since I only have this FTC and your statement to me, to go by on what strategy you did, and I have no prior proof if what you did is true or this is all elaborate fluff. You said that I scared the hell out of you with a killer social game, so if you and your alliance wasn't willing to try and work with me ever, why not go after me immediately? Ang*lina told me that her side wanted to go after Dan and then Jack for personal reasons. Why did personal stuff get in the way of game? Did you not think going after a bigger player would have made more sense than going after Dan? Why did it take four tribal councils before mine before I was you and your side's target?

Also, about the whole "backseat" player thing. Do you think you took too much of a backseat? Or do you honestly think you played it just right?

Dean

• Alumni
By Aaron
Carl wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:13:19 pm Sorry to interrupt this little debate but I do want to make sure I ask some follow ups to my questions from my thread:

Aaron: That's nice to hear about what we would have talked about and I would have loved to go to the end with you too but I did also ask what did you do specifically to shift your gameplan after I left? What became your ideal Final 3 and when did that come about? Is it the two people you are sitting with now?

Kara: You talk about this briefly in your response to John but I was curious about when you had planned on going after John while Angelina was still in this game. Did you always plan on taking out John at Final 8 or did that get sped up once Angelina was already gone from your alliance?
Going to double up on this as well to ask another question for everyone. We've heard a lot about people's best moves or MVP moves but what do you guys think is the best move made by each of the other two people sitting with you?
Carl, thanks for pulling this to the top of the page. This is fucking chaos lmfao.

So as far as how my game shifted, to put it frank- it completely shifted. We had dropped from what was thought to be a 7-6 majority, to a 6-4 minority with myself, Dean, Jack, and Dan. I was frankly in a position where I had to survive. I knew Tommy and I connected in this game prior, and i also knew Nick and I connected in this game prior, so my hope was if I could play the defeated man for 2 votes, I could begin to become an attractive asset again. Dean and I often talked about it, "let's make it through the weekend and it will be the worst decision they've ever made" was a phrase we often used.

Thankfully, maybe due to my lack of challenge prowessness, maybe due to my social interactions, or something in between, I made it out of those 2 votes. That allowed Tommy to see me as someone who could help his game, and down the road Nick as well. Jack and I had a personal relationship due to our connection with Dean, and I knew through that we could utilize eachother.

From there, as you watched, I basically had to lie my ass off everyday to everyone around me in order to lower my threat level and raise the threat level of the people around me. It was a dangerous strategy, but at that point, I had no other choice.

As far as the MVP moves of the people sitting next to me, I'd point to Jack's flip on Missy for sure . If Jack built off the momentum of that move, and didn't "fall into the shadows" per his admission, I believe this tribal would be much different looking right now. For Kara, I'd say her MVP move would be her attempt to flip the vote onto Tommy. I was within seconds of changing my vote, but I stayed firm because I didn't want to whisper to anyone and potentially throw away my game. If that had worked out in her favor, I again feel wed be looking at a different tribal
Carl liked this

Aaron

• Alumni
By Jack
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:21:20 pm Aaron/Jack/Kara- Name one moment, strategy, and/or gameplay trait that makes you better than your opponents and explain.
Hey Alison, I'm going to go with my flip the night Missy went home. I talked about my reasons for it my response to you earlier and gave a bit of a follow up with Carl's that I'll emphasize again here: that move exposed me very early on, at a time where both Aaron and Kara had more protection because they were working in alliances. I just think it was a bold move to jump the gun so early and maybe it was stupid to take the risk, I could have played it safer, but I also thought a run down the middle could be impressive if I did it right.
Alison liked this

Jack

• Alumni
By Dean
Tommy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:40:57 pm Is Aaron gone?

Also Aaron, I did not know this cause I was busy failing, but what happened in that final challenge. Did you go offline?
This was THE question in Ponderosa for a whole fucking day. We need answers @Aaron
Alison, Carl, Nick liked this

Dean

• Alumni
By Aaron
Also Carl- my dream top 3 would have been you and Dean. Reason? Wouldn't have voted out Dean no matter what once we found out Tommy was the onewho leaked the vote, and you were someone I trusted 100%. WOB or fucking die
Alison, Dean liked this

Aaron

• Alumni
By Dean
@Jack I want you to walk with me through your Poroto journey. You've mentioned in other people's jury threads that John and I were your two biggest allies. Did you feel as tho we were both equals to you? Was it part of your strategy to play both sides essentially, by voting against Poroto but also being the one to warn John about the plan?

What was the main reason that you decided to trust me more than your Poroto tribe in the end?
Tommy liked this

Dean

• Alumni
By Aaron
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24:50 pm @Aaron @Jack @Kara

Tell me something. Who are you so glad to see out of the game and not sitting next to you right now? Pick one person in jury and tell me why you're glad they're not next to you right now. Whether personal or game.

Also to you three, sorry if I'm not responding to your answers. I don't wanna spam the thread or take up too much time, but know that I am reading everything and refreshing the page constantly to see what you all write.
Motherfuck all of these questions are brutal.

I am so glad not to have Alison next to me at jury right now. You know this more than anyone, besides John, I felt her game was hands down the most dangerous. Not only strategically was she on, but socially she kept herself liked. Likability of Tommy with the social prowess of yourself. Dangerous, and would have lost to her cleanly. John would also be in this discussion.
Alison liked this

Aaron

• Alumni
By Carl
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:44:02 pm Also Carl- my dream top 3 would have been you and Dean. Reason? Wouldn't have voted out Dean no matter what once we found out Tommy was the onewho leaked the vote, and you were someone I trusted 100%. WOB or fucking die
Haha I did mean your ideal 3 after I left but I do appreciate it. You were in my ideal Final 3 as well.

But this does bring up something I have heard from Dean at Ponderosa. He says that the two of you had previously discussed eventually turning on both myself and Nick, specifically going after me first and then Nick. I don't hate the move, especially since Dean was not someone I saw myself taking to Final 3 either, but is this true? Or were you just discussing possible moves with Dean and hearing him out?

Carl

• Alumni
By Kara
@Kara and @Jack, my main follow up question to you is why did you believe the final 7 was the best time to vote for me when I was someone that did not want either you to be voted out over others. Especially when there were many people in the game that may not have wanted you to make it as far as I did? Quick example for each of you: Jack and Nick had no gaming relationship and Kara knew Tommy was spilling her secrets (and eventually targeted her at the final 4). If I was such a big threat to win the game, why did you believe it made the most sense to get rid of me at the final 7 instead of later in the game?
I set myself up perfectly- to the point where you leaving at finally, 7 left me with Aaron, Nick, Tommy, and Alison all willing to work with me. It was a risk for sure, but sometimes you gotta take risks in stranded. I knew the further you got the more likely you would make the final- the votes were also there at that moment so it was best to make the move then. I feel like Nick and I were close enough gamewise where I'd be safe across the board.

Kara

• Alumni
By Jack
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24:50 pm @Aaron @Jack @Kara

Tell me something. Who are you so glad to see out of the game and not sitting next to you right now? Pick one person in jury and tell me why you're glad they're not next to you right now. Whether personal or game.
For strictly game reasons, I am glad not to see Nick in this Final. He played a similar game as me, I think, operating from the middle and I wouldn't be able to contrast my style of play as easily as I can with Aaron and Kara.
Nick liked this

Jack

• Alumni
By Aaron
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:43:04 pm

Also Aaron, I did not know this cause I was busy failing, but what happened in that final challenge. Did you go offline?
This was THE question in Ponderosa for a whole fucking day. We need answers @Aaron
Sorry guys im trying to give detailed answers and moving to slow. This is chaos.

SO......I was hoping not to have to talk about this, but I got an email from work legit at the very beginning of the challenge and I had to take care of it. It was actually a freak thing, and nothing like that had happened before in this game. I figured I had lost when I got back on, but it was 1015 and noone had one so i just started cruising.

Aaron

• Alumni
By Kara
@Jack I had the choice of voting you off at the last tribal of Poroto, but didn't, honestly not because of anything you did socially but because Christian was p much inactive. how much of you surviving Poroto do you think is your own game, and how much of it do you think was Christian being in a completely different timezone?
Alison liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By Dean
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49:23 pm

Sorry guys im trying to give detailed answers and moving to slow. This is chaos.

SO......I was hoping not to have to talk about this, but I got an email from work legit at the very beginning of the challenge and I had to take care of it. It was actually a freak thing, and nothing like that had happened before in this game. I figured I had lost when I got back on, but it was 1015 and noone had one so i just started cruising.
Alison was worried something personal happened IRL. I thought maybe not because you said "lmao" and replied literally minutes before Jack won the challenge.

You don't have to discuss anything further about it if its too personal or about your career.

Dean

• Alumni
By Tommy
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49:23 pm

WHAT? Unless you lied to me about what you do there is no 9/10pm email that is dire. What give here Doctor Aaron?

Tommy

• Alumni
By Jack
Carl wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:41:10 pm

Tripling up just to make sure these are answered and I tag people this time lmao

@Aaron @Kara @Jack
I think the John vote was probably the strongest move for both Aaron and Kara. I will admit, because I had been gone that weekend, they got the ball rolling and this, but I agreed it was a great time to take out someone who had played a really strong individual game that was also full of selfless moves. I think we all knew it had to be done.

Jack

• Alumni