By Tommy
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50:54 pm
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:49:23 pm
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:43:04 pm

This was THE question in Ponderosa for a whole fucking day. We need answers @Aaron
Sorry guys im trying to give detailed answers and moving to slow. This is chaos.

SO......I was hoping not to have to talk about this, but I got an email from work legit at the very beginning of the challenge and I had to take care of it. It was actually a freak thing, and nothing like that had happened before in this game. I figured I had lost when I got back on, but it was 1015 and noone had one so i just started cruising.
Alison was worried something personal happened IRL. I thought maybe not because you said "lmao" and replied literally minutes before Jack won the challenge.

You don't have to discuss anything further about it if its too personal or about your career.
I took the other response, but would like to pivot to echo Dean if its too personal.
Carl liked this

Tommy

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Alison

This was THE question in Ponderosa for a whole fucking day. We need answers @Aaron
Sorry guys im trying to give detailed answers and moving to slow. This is chaos.

SO......I was hoping not to have to talk about this, but I got an email from work legit at the very beginning of the challenge and I had to take care of it. It was actually a freak thing, and nothing like that had happened before in this game. I figured I had lost when I got back on, but it was 1015 and noone had one so i just started cruising.
Alison was worried something personal happened IRL. I thought maybe not because you said "lmao" and replied literally minutes before Jack won the challenge.

You don't have to discuss anything further about it if its too personal or about your career.
i was worried IRL that something happened. See... I care. lol

Alison

• Alumni
By Aaron
Nick wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30:42 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24:50 pm
Tommy wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:21:51 pm

We were all worried about your challenge prowess Nick. I personally thought we played similar games and you would have been fun to go H2H against, but it was smart to vote you out when we did. You probably would have won out.
i think i told you that i thought you were a huge threat @Nick the day i left i believe is when i told you that.
Oh I know that everyone thought I was a threat, I just felt like Aaron was speaking like a "politician" when it came to his response to me. I just really preferred how Jack responded to my question over Aaron which is why Aaron's response feels so unlegitimized.
I understand that. Jack's answer had a lot of heart. And I really am trying at this point not to be a politician, but to explain myself in the right way. You know my game, you know what I had to do to get to the end. I danced around a 6-2 minority with guns on my head. I maneuvered myself into arguably the most powerful position in this game from certain fucking death. As great as Jack's story was, which it again was great (i wasnt expecting to have to face off against ernest hemmingway btw), I just don't see that as someone who took into control what he had to in order to win. I don't. But again, I'm biased clearly (tehehe).

Aaron

• Alumni
By Kara
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24:50 pm @Aaron @Jack @Kara

Tell me something. Who are you so glad to see out of the game and not sitting next to you right now? Pick one person in jury and tell me why you're glad they're not next to you right now. Whether personal or game.

Also to you three, sorry if I'm not responding to your answers. I don't wanna spam the thread or take up too much time, but know that I am reading everything and refreshing the page constantly to see what you all write.
Hm, I'm glad John isn't here. Not because I don't love him but because I think he was the best player I encountered on that level this season. This guy is super smart and he'd talk circles around any of us at a Final Tribal I think.

Kara

• Alumni
By John
John wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:11:44 pm What's up, everybody!? Thanks for your answers over the weekend. Most importantly, I'm here to see you three all call each other out on where they were full of it, so we can all get the truth behind what happened. But I think we all have a few follow ups of our own.

In the answer to my question, Aaron mentioned he expected Angelina would go anyways had she not been expelled unless the host told her to play an idol. Kara mentioned she knew Angelina wasn't going after her, so it didn't matter much to her had she stayed a little longer. Jack didn't really answer this question.

Let me tell you straight up that Angelina was not leaving at the final 8 with an idol in her pocket. At the very least, I know I would have told her to play it if she was getting the majority. So if that was your plan, cool, but it's not what would have happened. None of you really acknowledged or gave a strong answer to consider the alternatives, so I am going to press that further. No need to give me an explanation, but I want to know your ideal/dream boot order from final 8 up until the final 3 had Angelina not been removed from the game.
@Kara @Aaron

Numbered list is completely fine btw. Jack already answered but no explanation is needed. We're well aware this whole cross-examination is crazy overwhelming.
Carl liked this

John

• Alumni
By Aaron

The "lmao" was in reference to the fact that in my mind, because no one finished, I still had a shot but meanwhile everyone else was an hour ahead of me and I was like okay there is no shot I have a chance.

And tommy as far as what the email entailed, I turned in a proposal earlier that day that was due the following day and my boss found a fair amount of mathematical errors in the finance spreadsheet. Again, salesmen probz.
Tommy liked this

Aaron

• Alumni
By Kara
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:42:00 pm I still want to know where you felt with me @Kara . You told me you were only being 100% social with me. But that's dangerous, since I only have this FTC and your statement to me, to go by on what strategy you did, and I have no prior proof if what you did is true or this is all elaborate fluff. You said that I scared the hell out of you with a killer social game, so if you and your alliance wasn't willing to try and work with me ever, why not go after me immediately? Ang*lina told me that her side wanted to go after Dan and then Jack for personal reasons. Why did personal stuff get in the way of game? Did you not think going after a bigger player would have made more sense than going after Dan? Why did it take four tribal councils before mine before I was you and your side's target?

Also, about the whole "backseat" player thing. Do you think you took too much of a backseat? Or do you honestly think you played it just right?
If you ask anyone in my alliance, I wanted to target you and Aaron both in the early merge so it wasn't like I was just socially talking to you and not contemplating voting you out- I'm honestly not exactly sure why the direct target was never placed on you but I never wanted to vote out Dan that early- I was threatened by his gameplay at all and thought it was a waste of a vote but after Tommy and Nick flipped it was best to go after who they wanted so they knew they could work with me and my side of things.

Kara

• Alumni
By Jack
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:46:08 pm @Jack I want you to walk with me through your Poroto journey. You've mentioned in other people's jury threads that John and I were your two biggest allies. Did you feel as tho we were both equals to you? Was it part of your strategy to play both sides essentially, by voting against Poroto but also being the one to warn John about the plan?

What was the main reason that you decided to trust me more than your Poroto tribe in the end?
Because I'm worried about time, I'm going to boil my Poroto time down to trying my ass off in challenges (I built practice threads for us to practice our timestamping, did a lot of pump up talk, that challenge where I kept losing by a second still HAUNTS ME) and trying to build strong enough relationships that I could survive a first and, hopefully not, second vote. I think my efforts were successful.

You and John were not quite equals in my eyes. You had my absolute loyalty, Dean, because of our personal connection. However, I talked a lot of game with John and very much enjoyed doing so. Yes, I was trying to play both sides when I leaked him that vote and I talk about that in my response to Carl's question (again, running out of time is a concern, so I'll direct you there if you're curious what was going thru my head when I did that)

Jack

• Alumni
By Kara
Kara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:58:36 pm
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:42:00 pm I still want to know where you felt with me @Kara . You told me you were only being 100% social with me. But that's dangerous, since I only have this FTC and your statement to me, to go by on what strategy you did, and I have no prior proof if what you did is true or this is all elaborate fluff. You said that I scared the hell out of you with a killer social game, so if you and your alliance wasn't willing to try and work with me ever, why not go after me immediately? Ang*lina told me that her side wanted to go after Dan and then Jack for personal reasons. Why did personal stuff get in the way of game? Did you not think going after a bigger player would have made more sense than going after Dan? Why did it take four tribal councils before mine before I was you and your side's target?

Also, about the whole "backseat" player thing. Do you think you took too much of a backseat? Or do you honestly think you played it just right?
If you ask anyone in my alliance, I wanted to target you and Aaron both in the early merge so it wasn't like I was just socially talking to you and not contemplating voting you out- I'm honestly not exactly sure why the direct target was never placed on you but I never wanted to vote out Dan that early- I was threatened by his gameplay at all and thought it was a waste of a vote but after Tommy and Nick flipped it was best to go after who they wanted so they knew they could work with me and my side of things.
*I was not threatened by his gameplay

Kara

• Alumni
By Carl
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:58:07 pm

The "lmao" was in reference to the fact that in my mind, because no one finished, I still had a shot but meanwhile everyone else was an hour ahead of me and I was like okay there is no shot I have a chance.

And tommy as far as what the email entailed, I turned in a proposal earlier that day that was due the following day and my boss found a fair amount of mathematical errors in the finance spreadsheet. Again, salesmen probz.
At least we know all the technology fuck ups from this season weren't just a trick to make us not worry about you
Dean, Aaron liked this

Carl

• Alumni
By Aaron
Carl wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:47:22 pm
Aaron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:44:02 pm Also Carl- my dream top 3 would have been you and Dean. Reason? Wouldn't have voted out Dean no matter what once we found out Tommy was the onewho leaked the vote, and you were someone I trusted 100%. WOB or fucking die
Haha I did mean your ideal 3 after I left but I do appreciate it. You were in my ideal Final 3 as well.

But this does bring up something I have heard from Dean at Ponderosa. He says that the two of you had previously discussed eventually turning on both myself and Nick, specifically going after me first and then Nick. I don't hate the move, especially since Dean was not someone I saw myself taking to Final 3 either, but is this true? Or were you just discussing possible moves with Dean and hearing him out?
Honestly, I had no intentions of taking you out. We both had discussed Dan often, but I don't recall you. After you left, my ideal 3 all things considered would have been Dean and Jack. Would have needed to take away a sure vote from Dean, and again, wouldnt have voted out dean for anything at that point
Carl liked this

Aaron

• Alumni
By Kara
Dean wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:59:25 pm @Kara @Aaron @Jack

Entertain me.

Ask each other questions about each other's games. Give criticism.

Don't go easy on each other.
@Jack I had the choice of voting you off at the last tribal of Poroto, but didn't, honestly not because of anything you did socially but because Christian was p much inactive. how much of you surviving Poroto do you think is your own game, and how much of it do you think was Christian being in a completely different timezone?

Kara

• Alumni
By Nick
Final question from me, for each of you what was your favorite part of the whole game? We've played this game for a month now and have shared a lot of nights together and I want you to give me your favorite non-strategic moment that you experienced.
Dean, Alison, Kara liked this

Nick

• Alumni
By Jack
Lauren wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:51:36 pm I meant jack where did I stand with you in the game if I stayed.
Lauren, if you had stayed, I'm gonna be brutally honest - I would have worked with you maybe one or two more votes, max. I was a bit wary of playing with you back in week one when I heard from Dean that you revealed our idol-sharing hijinks even tho we agreed to keep that to ourselves. So I always had one eye on you after that, that's just the truth.

Jack

• Alumni
By Kara
John wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:56:56 pm
John wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:11:44 pm What's up, everybody!? Thanks for your answers over the weekend. Most importantly, I'm here to see you three all call each other out on where they were full of it, so we can all get the truth behind what happened. But I think we all have a few follow ups of our own.

In the answer to my question, Aaron mentioned he expected Angelina would go anyways had she not been expelled unless the host told her to play an idol. Kara mentioned she knew Angelina wasn't going after her, so it didn't matter much to her had she stayed a little longer. Jack didn't really answer this question.

Let me tell you straight up that Angelina was not leaving at the final 8 with an idol in her pocket. At the very least, I know I would have told her to play it if she was getting the majority. So if that was your plan, cool, but it's not what would have happened. None of you really acknowledged or gave a strong answer to consider the alternatives, so I am going to press that further. No need to give me an explanation, but I want to know your ideal/dream boot order from final 8 up until the final 3 had Angelina not been removed from the game.
@Kara @Aaron

Numbered list is completely fine btw. Jack already answered but no explanation is needed. We're well aware this whole cross-examination is crazy overwhelming.
8. John (Angelina Idol Play)
7. Angelina
--

Rest of the season proceeds. Sorry my head is a bit jumbled hope that makes sense. I do think in this case that I am not a part of voting you out, and I'd be okay with that.
Tommy liked this

Kara

• Alumni
By Aaron

@Kara @Aaron

John Im sorry i missed this. This fucking sucks tbh with you and im a miserable cunt right now doing all of these questions....

With that said, alternatives wise- I was still in a place where I needed the wind to blow one more vote in my direction. If Ang stayed, and the vote flipped on you- that would have been brilliant. Same with Alison. Again, you know the position I was in- I needed to survive the vote Ang went out.

Aaron

• Alumni
By Tommy
Kara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:04:20 pm

@Kara @Aaron

8. John (Angelina Idol Play)
7. Angelina
--

Rest of the season proceeds. Sorry my head is a bit jumbled hope that makes sense. I do think in this case that I am not a part of voting you out, and I'd be okay with that.
Exactly. See John

Tommy

• Alumni
By Jack
Kara wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:50:01 pm @Jack I had the choice of voting you off at the last tribal of Poroto, but didn't, honestly not because of anything you did socially but because Christian was p much inactive. how much of you surviving Poroto do you think is your own game, and how much of it do you think was Christian being in a completely different timezone?
I think the time zone thing definitely helped, confusion about French pronouns also helped a bit (kidding), but I also think that even if you and I didn't make a real connection, I think I did with John and Alison. Also, I think that they were open to keeping me to see if I could get any valuable information from the former Miombo members that I knew, we did talk about that.

Jack

• Alumni