By Jeff Probst
Custom Posts Custom Custom
I hate having to make these, but every so often, we do.

In Stranded, we take the rules and integrity of the game incredibly seriously. We have outlined all of the rules ahead of the season and made all of the players read and sign them agreeing to their contents.

There is a dire situation that has developed this season that we need to make clear. I will be 100% open and honest about everything that has developed and when it happened so that you can see the decisions we have made and the repercussions of those actions.

There has been a breach in the most fundamental (and first listed) rule of Stranded. The rules clearly state:

Revealing ANY personal information (i.e., real-life identity, screen names, forum nicknames, AIM names, or any other contact information or identity information) is STRICTLY prohibited and will result in an IMMEDIATE ban, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Contacting a member of the game outside of the tribal forums and asking: A. if they are in the game, B. anything about the game, and/or C. who they are playing as, will result in the banning of both people involved.

Because we now have evidence that this rule has been broken, we are taking swift action. Effective immediately, Angelina and Missy will no longer be part of this season. They are out of the game, off the jury, and forbidden to lurk this season.

Angelina and Missy were both independently recruited and applied by former contestant and co-host, Reem. They are both friends of Reems in real life. We were ensured that they did not know one another and had never met or spoken to each other.

During the swap, Angelina and Missy ended up on a tribe together. The conversation shifted, and they both discovered that they lived in Mississippi near one another. We brought this to Reem's attention, who vehemently denied that they knew each other and were not in communication.

At this time, we took action, deciding to trust Reem, but still felt the need to remove Reem as a co-host for the season.

Fast forward to the jury. Last night, we received information, according to Reem, that Missy had friended Angelina on Facebook. I have since found out, the only reason we were given this information is that Reem accidentally sent a screenshot showing a group chat on discord between Missy, herself, and Angelina.

Because we now have evidence that, at the very least, Missy and Angelina were in contact with one another via this group chat, they have both broken the fundamental rule of Stranded. They are both out of the game. We are still deliberating on what further action needs to be taken after the game regarding their involvement in the community after the game is over.

Please know that we are all heavily involved in making this a fun and FAIR game for everyone participating. I go to extreme measures to create an experience as realistic to the actual show as humanly possible online. Countless hosts, lurkers, and players are all devoting hundreds of hours to this, and we would NEVER risk the authentic outcome of the game as that is what we pride ourselves on the most.

I understand that this will add a cloud of uncertainty to the season; however... anytime someone is removed on the show, medivaced, or what have you, there is uncertainty. We would like you to continue the game as the final 7 with this in mind and finish this season out strong.

Thank you, and I apologize for this unforeseen circumstance impacting your experience. We are here to discuss any questions you may have for us.

-Poody and the Stranded Hosting Staff.

Jeff Probst

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom
By Alison
Jeff Probst wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16:59 pm I hate having to make these, but every so often, we do.

In Stranded, we take the rules and integrity of the game incredibly seriously. We have outlined all of the rules ahead of the season and made all of the players read and sign them agreeing to their contents.

There is a dire situation that has developed this season that we need to make clear. I will be 100% open and honest about everything that has developed and when it happened so that you can see the decisions we have made and the repercussions of those actions.

There has been a breach in the most fundamental (and first listed) rule of Stranded. The rules clearly state:

Revealing ANY personal information (i.e., real-life identity, screen names, forum nicknames, AIM names, or any other contact information or identity information) is STRICTLY prohibited and will result in an IMMEDIATE ban, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

Contacting a member of the game outside of the tribal forums and asking: A. if they are in the game, B. anything about the game, and/or C. who they are playing as, will result in the banning of both people involved.

Because we now have evidence that this rule has been broken, we are taking swift action. Effective immediately, Angelina and Missy will no longer be part of this season. They are out of the game, off the jury, and forbidden to lurk this season.

Angelina and Missy were both independently recruited and applied by former contestant and co-host, Reem. They are both friends of Reems in real life. We were ensured that they did not know one another and had never met or spoken to each other.

During the swap, Angelina and Missy ended up on a tribe together. The conversation shifted, and they both discovered that they lived in Mississippi near one another. We brought this to Reem's attention, who vehemently denied that they knew each other and were not in communication.

At this time, we took action, deciding to trust Reem, but still felt the need to remove Reem as a co-host for the season.

Fast forward to the jury. Last night, we received information, according to Reem, that Missy had friended Angelina on Facebook. I have since found out, the only reason we were given this information is that Reem accidentally sent a screenshot showing a group chat on discord between Missy, herself, and Angelina.

Because we now have evidence that, at the very least, Missy and Angelina were in contact with one another via this group chat, they have both broken the fundamental rule of Stranded. They are both out of the game. We are still deliberating on what further action needs to be taken after the game regarding their involvement in the community after the game is over.

Please know that we are all heavily involved in making this a fun and FAIR game for everyone participating. I go to extreme measures to create an experience as realistic to the actual show as humanly possible online. Countless hosts, lurkers, and players are all devoting hundreds of hours to this, and we would NEVER risk the authentic outcome of the game as that is what we pride ourselves on the most.

I understand that this will add a cloud of uncertainty to the season; however... anytime someone is removed on the show, medivaced, or what have you, there is uncertainty. We would like you to continue the game as the final 7 with this in mind and finish this season out strong.

Thank you, and I apologize for this unforeseen circumstance impacting your experience. We are here to discuss any questions you may have for us.

Thank you for the time and dedication to keeping the game fun and fair! I hate that this has happened, but we will keep our heads high and have fun!! Ang was a big personality but, we will keep it interesting I’m sure!
Tommy liked this

Alison

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Aaron
Jeff Probst wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:16:59 pm I hate having to make these, but every so often, we do.

Well, well, well.

Aaron

• Alumni
By John
Doubt Angelina will ever read this, but she was great. Crazy, crazy news. Still not sure how we should be reacting.

Also, how is this affecting the schedule for next week?

John

• Alumni
By Nick
Awh, well I thank the hosting team for addressing the problem as soon as they had evidence and I'm sorry that this occurred, it is definitely a shitty thing that happened.

Nick

• Alumni